Some Time to Think.

A few weeks had gone by since the New Year's Eve party, and everything had calmed down. (Y/n) and Jackson seemed to get past the whole New Year's Kiss incident after (Y/n) apologizing 1000 times.

-

The group of teens sat at the lunch table as they spoke of their Valentine's day plans. Jackson had to retake a test which meant he wouldn't be able to make it to lunch. Connor and Genevieve were buzzing in excitement. Almost everyone in the group had someone... Except Allison and Beth. Allison was never one for dating, she had rejected almost every guy who asked her because she saw it as a distraction. Not to mention that they didn't notice her any other years, it was just unlucky that she had become very focused on getting her senior year right just in time for all of the guys to start seeing her. Beth, on the other hand, wasn't all too happy that she was alone. Ever since Connor started texting in the group chat about his kiss with Gio, and how they started dating, she's been in a bad mood.

"Andrew is just amazing, he's so cute! I can't believe he actually liked me back. I'm gonna invite him over tonight and make him dinner." Connor smiled as he spoke of his plans. It shocked even him to hear himself, he never would've believed that he would become the romancer.

"You have fun with that, I'll be busy getting romanced by my Brandy!" (Y/n) secretly rolled her eyes. "Look what he gave me this morning!" Genevieve reached into her backpack and grabbed a box. The group watched as she opened it to reveal a bracelet with 'Genevieve' engraved onto it. there was a necklace wrapped around it with a gold G charm.

"Holy shit, Gen." (Y/n) pulled her hand closer to examine it.

"I know." Genevieve proudly took then out of the cushion and put on the jewelry. "He says its real gold, but its just the thought, yknow? (Y/n) what did Jackson get you?" The group then turned their attention to the girl in question.

"Uh, he gave me a card...!" She smiled as she changed her gaze to each one of her friends'. She could tell they were disappointed, but she couldn't say she felt the same way. "What? I don't want all that romantic stuff, just having someone on Valentines day is enough." As soon as she said those words she felt guilty snd looked over to Beth and Allison. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to say it like that."

"I don't care." Allison spoke as she held her blank expression, but Beth looked like she was going to explode.

"I'm out of here." She said quietly and stormed out of the cafeteria after dumping her tray. (Y/n) tired to go after her, but Allison stopped her. She said she would go get her and Lainy followed the older female out of the cafeteria. (Y/n) looked back to her two love crazy friends who had already moved onto to the next conversation. As if things were bad enough, Brandon and Chris came to the table.

"Brandy!" Genevieve squealed and latched onto him as he sat down. He smiled and pecked her cheek.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked as he stared at (Y/n). He had a smug grin planted on his face as he stared at the girl. Her stomach churned in disgust as she looked into his eyes. Connor sensed the growing tension at the table and slowly began to pack up his belongings.

"She's just a little sad cause Jackson isn't romantic." (Y/n)'s eyes widened at her friend's remark.

"What the fuck, Gen? I said I didn't care." Her face glowed red with anger.

"(Y/n), I know you! Ever since 6th grade we've been obsessing over The perfect valentine's day!" From anger to embarrassment, her cheeks grew a little more red.

"Don't be embarrassed, (Y/n). It's too bad that Jackson doesn't want to go all out to make you happy." He smirked, making (Y/n)'s blood heat up. "Y'know what they say! Every man is different." He grabbed Genevieve's chin and kissed her, going deeper and deeper into the kiss as the seconds went on. Connor forced himself to hold down his food and quickly ditched the table. (Y/n) didn't waste time either, and left the couple to themselves. As soon as the coast was clear Brandon pulled away and began to eat, leaving Genevieve dazed by their small make out session.

-

(Y/n) walked down the hall, dodging students who were running to their next class, to get to her history class. Her stomach still felt a little sick from seeing her best friend make out with that thing, but she was happy that she was going to see Jackson. She was nearing the room when she suddenly heard a male's voice calling to her. "Hey, (Y/n)!" She stopped and turned to see who called her, but the voice was unfamiliar which made it hard to find the source. Before she could recognize who it was a male tapped her on the shoulder. She looked up to him to see that it was one of Jackson's friends. "You are very hard to find, you know that?" He sounded like he was out of breathe. "I've been searching for you all day! Here." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a key with a heart on the end. "This is from Jackson."

She giggled as she stared at it for a minute. "Is this like the key to his heart or something?" The girl smiled as she looked to see the male slightly chuckling.

"You really are perfect for him. But, I don't know really. He said to give this to you sometime in the day but I haven't been able to find you, anyway, good luck and happy valentines day!" He smiled and ran off to his class, and right after the girl walked the rest of the way to her class.

~