Why was he Absent?

~FlAsHbAcK~

Brandon woke up feeling a bit angrier than usual. He had a bad dream where he was a child again, and someone he didn't know took his favorite toy away. He walked down the stairs the see his mother preparing breakfast. "I'm not going to school." He simply said before walking into the bathroom. The mother wasn't knew to him skipping for no good reason, but by now shes stopped caring about his behavior. It jad gotten so out of hand that she represses every thought.

-

-Brandons POV-

I walked out of the house and began my walk to the academy. If (Y/n) is gonna go and start flirting with some random guy I didn't know, then I was gonna make sure she gets put in her place. See I have connections to a very willing person who will happily help me scare away this threat. I stopped when I arrived at the academy, students from 6th to 12th grade were littered in the school yard. The atmosphere of the place was gray, one that resembled a prison; Tall walls on the main building, a large fence that surrounded the perimeter of the school yard, and I swear some of the kids had handcuffs on. I scanned the area and thats when I saw him sitting on a small stone wall. He was alone and it appeared that no one wanted to talk to him. So I called out to my old friend. "Giovanni, over here!"

He looked up to me, the same terrifying glint in his eyes. Gio always had this aura to him, a creepy, menacing aura that echoed the screams of the innocent. To put it simply: He's a psychopath who isn't afraid to do anything. He had mild case of Angelman Syndrome which caused him to always appear to be smiling which did not help his case. He has a thin, broad face, with a sickly grey tint to his pale skin. His hair used to be a pure blonde color, but after he once completely burned all of his hair off, it grew back to a darker, almost golden colored mess. "Brandon!?" He leaped off of the stone wall he was sitting on and made his way towards the fence. The crowds of kids separated as they were the red sea and he was moses. He threw himself to the fence, to which I stepped back. He even scared me, after some of the shit he's done. "Whats up man? Its been like 5 years, you haven't even sent me a text!"

I chuckled to try and hide my slight nervousness. "You have a phone? Never thought you'd be able to get one."

"My mom was really scared when they said I was going here and so she got me one just in case." He pulled out an old iPhone, maybe the 6? It was cracked, and I was surprised when he successfully turned it on. "Here have my number." I pulled my phone out to enter his digits. I have to admit, I was sort of sad when he was sent here. It was sometime after my firsr time being held back. I'm surprised I wasn't the one to be sent here.... things got crazy.

"Thanks man, look I need your help. Remember (Y/n)?" I watched at his eyes lit up at the name.

"(Y/N)!?" He yelled, drawing the attention of almost everyone in the courtyard. "Of course I remember her, I saw some pictures of her and damn she got hot..." He trailed off and looked up to the sky, smiling as usual.

"Hey! Focus, Gio." He looked at me and nodded. "(Y/n)'s been talking to this dude, and I need to you to do some... research." His smile turned sinister and playful at the same time.

"You mean I get to do some... Giosearch!?" He laughed and banged his hand on the fence. I shook my head and smiled.

"Yes Gio, Giosearch." We discussed a little more in detail until a horn sounded and the kids started to head in. Big burly looking men came out front the building and held the doors open as the children flooded into the school.

"Looks like I gotta go. I'll see what I can do today, just text me please!" Gio smiled and stuck his hand as far as he could through the chain linked fence and pocked me. I looked at him with slight confusion, though he's always been somewhat of a crack head.

"I will... goodbye Gio."

~FlAsHbAcK end~

(Y/n) and Jackson walked home, a very flirtatious vibe surrounding the two. "What's something I would find surprising about you?" (Y/n) asked.

"Well, hm thats tough. I'm not really surprising. I play the flute...." The two laughed at the amount of interesting things he could come up with.

"Thats it? You play the flute?"

"How about you Ms.Interesting what's something special about you? Yknow, other than you being cute." (Y/n)'s eyes shot open at how smoothly he slipped that in.

"Wow that was good..." The girl could not stop blushing at the compliment. "Well, I... I have nothing. Its official I suppose."

"What is?" The female stopped to which the male did the same.

"You are better than me at everything! You listen better than me, you're smoother than me, hell you're more interesting than me..." He stared at her for a second, trying to understand what she was getting at. "So tell me, why on earth would you ask me to be your partner when you could probably beat me at everything?"

"Wha- because you're so cool (Y/n)!" Her jaw dropped. "You have such a cool group of friends, you're nice to people who're new to the school or class. and I've pretty much always had a crush on you."

"I..." Once he realized what he did Jackson's face turned redder than a tomato. It felt as if the world stopped yet evrything around them was moving so fast. Without even knowing it they were inching towards each other, getting closer to each others lips until-

"You know you two aren't that far from your destination, why don't you just save the kissing for your room?" A very snarky voice crept up being the two. Brandon pushed through the two, sending Jackson into the street and (Y/n) onto the floor. "You two were taking the whole side walk." He shrugged and walked past them, not even taking the time to look at either of them, or make another comment like he usually does. (Y/n) looked up to him like he was absolutely crazy.

"What the fuck man?!" Jackson glared at him as he tried to pick the female up. The female was about to hand his ass to him when she realized Jackson was pulling her up. "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine. I'm used to this shit anyway." She dusted herself off and realized how insensitive she was being. "Are you ok? I'm so sorry for... Him. As a whole." He chuckled at her joke and the two continued to walk to the girls house. The two were completely oblivious to the steam bellowing out of Brandons ears as he cracked his knuckles by clenching his fist.

"That fucker will have to be taken care of."

~

Alright! I know its been a while... And I'm sorry! Junior year? Its absolutely horrible! But I've been feeling really creative recently so here. I drew the concept art for the characters a long time ago and wanted to improve my art skills before I tried to draw. I'm still improving, I always will be but heres what I could make! I made these like last month I think? Sorry the noses are light.