Warm. (tw)

I skated down the sidewalk, sipping my diet root beer as cars passed by quickly. I pushed myself forward as I went straight towards the gas station to get some rum. I was running seriously low ever since I started hanging out with Nikki and his friends.

I was never really a drinker. Sure I drank a bit here and there, but at the end of the day, weed's my chosen drug. Ever since I met Nikki and his friends at a concert for a newer band in the area, I'd been drinking whenever I was around the boys, both because I felt pressured to and because they were all a handful. I'd grown to like alcohol, but my absolute favorites were rum and vodka, as I tend to go for the stronger shit.

I walked into the store and went straight to the alcohol aisle and grabbed some rum. I also kinda wanted chocolate, so I stuck some candy bars in my pocket. I looked around just to see if I wanted anything else before taking a lighter and shoving it in my other pocket as well.

I put the rum on the counter and pulled out my wallet before spotting a treat I only had when I really needed it- cigarettes.

I pointed up to a blue box, "Can I get some of those, filters please?" before looking back down at my wallet to count my money, and put it on the counter. The small box was put in a bag with the rum before the bag was handed to me, "Thanks." I said as I turned to walk to the door.

I skated as fast as I could to get home before the boys did. My arms swinging by my sides, fresh cuts hidden by my flannel. Last night everything just hit me. My boyfriend, Mark, broke up with me a week ago and speaking of breakups, my parents are just now going through a messy divorce. Of course, the way I naturally cope with things is to take it out on myself. I broke an empty Jack Daniels bottle that I still had to clean up when I got home.

Once I got home I immediately put the rum in the liquor cabinet, trying my best to avoid the broken glass on the kitchen floor, then walked to my bathroom to get a washcloth to pick up the glass.

I crouched and picked up the glass carefully. God, there was so much, and not to mention, a shit ton of little pieces that are the hardest to pick up. It would take ages to get every piece without physically hurting myself, and I only had a little while to pick it up before the boys got there to hang out. I threw caution to the wind and grabbed a paper towel and swiped up most of the pieces, of course giving myself a few nicks here and there, but nothing too bad.

I threw all the glass in the trash and then left the kitchen to try and touch up my makeup a little bit. I took out my eyeliner and went over the eyeliner I already had on and swiped on my blood-red lipstick, It's kind of sheer so it's not too obvious and overpowering. I heard my doorbell ring and I hurriedly washed my hands off a bit to make sure there was no remaining glass and then went out of the bathroom to open the door them.

Outside was Mick, Vinny, Tommy, and Nikki. One by one they made their way into my house, most just giving me a quick hug and passing me to sit on the couch and watch TV, but Tommy gave me a small peck on the cheek, leaving Nikki to glare at him with tension even I could decipher. Nikki gave me a tight hug, picking me up off the floor and spinning me around, and then dropping me back onto the floor. He did this a lot, but this time it was more aggressive. He was probably trying to show off to Tommy.

"You've gotten lighter? Why's that?" Nikki asked in a hushed tone, looking at me in the eyes while all the other guys were already distracted by whatever was on at the moment.

"I Uhm- I don't know I haven't really been keeping track of my weight." That was a lie. I knew. I'd been going through a rough time obviously, and in the past, I've restricted my caloric intake, and so I'm back to that.

"You're stuttering, I know better than to ignore that, (Y/N). You get overly nervous when you're lying." He stated, pulling me more away from the boys, "What's going on? Even Vince has noticed something off about you these past few days, and he's the daftest person I know next to Tommy."