|Part Seventeen|

|YOU|

"You're first," I said to Amari.

"Why me? Kamina and Jin need more help than I do. Especially Jin."

I rolled my eyes and without noticing I leaned up against Kakashi's shoulder. "It has nothing to do with skill. Kakashi and I decided to do a group training session specifically for you. Since he's a lightning style user and I'm not."

"Oh," Amari said, glancing over his shoulder to see the rest of the two teams sparing together. "Well I don't even want to use my lightning. I'd rather use my weapons in close combat. I feel more in control that way."

"No one is saying you can't," Kakashi explained. "Once you learn to use your nature style you can incorporate it into any form of combat you choose."

"Exactly. Even I use a sword sometimes even though I prefer using my water or wind style," I added, taking my scroll out from my bag and unravelling it. In a puff of smoke my Otachi blade appeared in my hand.

Amari's eyes grew wide. "I want to learn how to do that."

I chuckled. "Only after you learn a little about lightning style."

Amari turned his attention to Kakashi. "Teach me."

I could see the outline of a smirk under the copy ninja's mask.

"First you want to focus your chakra to the palm of your hand—" Kakashi held out his palm and blue spark began to snap and crack. "—then just imaging igniting it with flint and steel."

Amari closed his eyes and held out his palm. A small spark of blue popped in his hand, but nothing more.

"Keep trying," Kakashi advised, and Amari squinted his eyes in concentration.

Kakashi came to stand at my side, eyeing the scroll in my hand. "Kushina really passed down her skill of seals and scrolls down to you, huh?"

"I guess so," I smiled. "Minato did the same with you. Do you think you'd be the ninja you are today without him?"

Kakashi's one visible eye dropped to stare at the dirt under his shoe. "I guess not. Although I'd probably be a more cheerful man if I hadn't known him."

I winced once I realized the impact my words had on him. I may have lost my sensei the same day he lost his, but Minato was all he had. His teammates were already gone. His father had already passed. Lucky for me I had Asuma, Kurenai and our team leader to fall back on.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything."

"No, it's okay. It's nice to talk about them with someone who knew them just as well as I did."

Kakashi looked up and met my gaze. I could see the pain in his eye. He missed them, just like I did.

I opened my mouth to comfort him, but before I uttered a word I was blasted off my feet.

My body flew forward into Kakashi, sending us both to the ground in a pile of limbs.

"(Y/N) sensei! I'm so sorry!" Amari said, scrambling over to my side.

Groaning, I sat up and was met with a sight that made my face burn red all the way to the tips of my ears.

Kakashi's face was only millimetres away. So close that I could feel the heat of his body radiating off of him, and that wasn't the worst part. In my fall I had braced myself on whatever I could. One hand had reached out for Kakashi's chest, and was currently gripping the front of his shirt. The other—

"(Y/N) sensei's a pervert!" Naruto yelled, pointing at my other hand.

I looked down to see my hand perfectly cupped around Kakashi's manhood.