Vera wanted nothing more in that moment than to claw out Alexander's throat boldly with no remorse, and that's if she had talons of her own anyway. Indefinitely, she never felt this way before. Something in her mind had begun to sprout, and it strives off this very male in front of her line of vision.

"Make me." The tiny, smaller female challenges.

The aggravation danced within the prince making everyone want to bow to him in pure,

Raw, submission.

It had both Mavis and Hector fall to their knees, wincing out aloud. The only two that stood were Vera and Heidi but even Heidi was fighting back the overwhelming sensation to yield. She clutches Alexander's desk to keep herself from falling on her side but it was futile. She began to shut her eyes tightly from agonizing pain.

But how could Vera withstand the command of an Alpha?

The aura around the two mates grew prominent as it glistened, creating a circle around them that cradled everyone else inside of the office into fetal positions while projecting a heart wrenching sound in their ears. Both standing their ground, the alpha pair began lessening the distance between them with slow steps assessing toward the other.

She could see her mate mumble something but the blood pumping in her ears made her deaf until he finally snapped her back into reality.

Alexander wraps his entire hand around Vera's throat giving it a tug. He was getting a thrill out of it and it showed. He suppresses a grin upon realization at how equivalent she grew to him without barley even trying.

His chest grew heated as he inhaled to exhale heavily throughout his mouth for it to fan Vera's cheeks that grew rosy, but she remained indifferent. All while the alpha began to feel fuzzy and compressed until everything of his senses was engulfed by her.

Vera's chest feels damn near infiltrated by both butterflies and some wild, feral, thing that envelops the newly found mate bond which purges all senses of anger.

"I know what you're hiding from me." Her voice comes out quieter than she intended but it felt like she was screaming.

"Why are keeping me in the dark like this Alexander? Why do you place me under endless torment..." Vera all but pleads.

Angst.

There it was again.

He hesitates to release her but contemplates against it, deciding to keep her close. He hears the sincerity in her voice but not exactly what she's saying. Everything comes out into murmurs as he's admiring the bite around her neck that seemed to be in seek of his attention, it shimmered at him. It coaxed him to come closer and puncture the same wound only so he could overlap it with his tongue again.

Then the memory of how it had gotten there flashes before his eyes, making him feel apologetic for almost killing her but somehow he didn't feel anything close to being contrite. He held no regrets, no remorse. Only his hard prize seems to be smiling at him in the back of his head along with his wolf.

Bane had a hard time determining whether if marking his mate to speed up the mating process was truly a good thing as he weighed out the cons with pristine. Not only would it make her want him even more, but it would bless her with a feral side of her own to give her the sort of strength she displayed now. Then would they truly be equals.