4. "Friends"

Aurora was awoken by the faint sounds of High school musical, which confused her. She was the only one in the house who loved it. But she adored the films, so if anyone was watching them, she would be annoyed if they didn't invite her to join. 

So she crept downstairs, and a smile grew on her face, Ricky was stood in their living room, trying to learn the ending dance. "We're all in this together" he sang. "Looking good, could be better, you're a bit floppy" Aurora critiqued. "Rory, i'm sorry, you were right, i'm sorry, help me learn the dance?" he apologised. "I would love to" Aurora grinned, she had knew the dance since she was five, it wasn't something she needs to relearn. 

Aurora wasn't much help to ricky. She danced effortlessly, not helping Ricky as he couldn't do the dance, and his twin sister putting him to shame wasn't what he needed. She also sang along loudly, not being as mindful for her father who was asleep upstairs, never mind their neighbours. She also took to critiquing the outfits they wore, the only one she liked being Gabriella's.  

"Kids, it's midnight, Ricky I thought you had a test tomorrow?" Their dad came down the stairs. "I do" Ricky told him, still dancing along, badly, but he was learning. Aurora was now sitting on the couch, she had had enough after four times, now she was coaching from the couch. "This is for a test?" Mike asked. "Most important one of my life" Ricky answered. "That's my brother!" Aurora cheered. Mike sighed, and went to walk back upstairs. 

"Hey dad, If you can't sleep you can hang here" Ricky smiled. "come and dance!" Aurora grinned. Mike rolled his eyes at his daughter, and sat next to her. "Well, this is a new one for you ricky, Rory finally got you into it" he smiled. "He's doing it for nini" Aurora answered. "Still not over her?" He asked. "Not at all" Aurora giggled. "Are you over ej?" Mike asked. "She isn't" Ricky answered, at the same time aurora scoffed. 

Aurora sat in her bedroom, scribbling down melodies. She then began to play them, adding lyrics in when she perfected it. By the time she was done, her page was a mess, but she understood it. She was proud of it, so she picked up her phone to ring Ashlyn, the girls often shared songs that they were proud of, except she didn't call Ash, she called ej. 

"Rory?" Ej asked, surprising Aurora as she didn't mean to call him. "Ej, sorry, I meant to call ash" she apologises. "It's okay, what was the reason?" he pries, bored and wanting to talking to her. "I just wanted to play her a song I just wrote" Aurora shrugs. "Let's hear it" Ej smiles, he loved hearing their songs when they were together. Aurora panicked, but he wouldn't know it was about him. Would he?  "Okay" she said, nervously placing her phone down. Ej smiled, though she couldn't see it, he knew she was nervous. 

Then she began to sing, Ej having missed hearing her beautiful voice one on one. 

"Our love was strong as a lion

Soft as the cotton you lie in
Times we got hot like an iron
You and I

Our hearts had never been broken
We were so innocent darling
We used to talk 'til the morning
You and I

We had the mixtape on every weekend
Had it repeating, had it repeating

You were my September song, summer lasted too long
Time moves so slowly, when you're only fifteen
You were my September song, tell me where have you gone?
Do you remember me, we were only fifteen

And I, I remember the chorus, they were singing it for us
You were my September song, tell me where have you gone?
Do you remember me, we were only fifteen

Sometimes I think that I see your
Face in the strangest of places
Down on the underground station
Passing by

I get a mild sense of danger
Feel like my heart couldn't take it
'Cause if we met we'd be strangers
You and I

Still I play that mixtape every weekend
Got it repeating, got it repeating

You were my September Song summer lasted too long
Ooh, time moves so slowly (so slowly) when you're only fifteen
You were my September song, tell me where have you gone?
Do you remember me, we were only fifteen

And I, I remember the chorus, they were singing it for us
I hear that September Song and I'm singing along
Thinking 'bout you and me, oh what a melody

And as the years go by, you will still be mine
Be my (September song)

You are my (September song)

You were my September Song summer lasted too long
Time moves so slowly when you're only fifteen
You were my September song, tell me where have you gone?
Do you remember me, we were only fifteen

And I, I remember the chorus, they were singing it for us
You were my September Song

I remember the chorus, they were singing it for us" 

Ej knew it was about him straight away. He remembered it all, he hadn't just forgotten as soon as he met nini. This girl was his first love, he couldnt just forget. "When did you write that?" he asks. "Why?" Aurora asks, scared her knew. "I know it's about me Aurora, I haven't just forgotten everything, you were my first love, as cheesy as it sounds" he smiles. "Oh" she sighs, "Sorry about that, again." Ej laughs slightly. "It's fine,  we can be friends?" he asked. "Friends" Aurora smiled.