Chapter 4

Patton was worried about Roman. So was Logan. Roman had been watching the new boy intently for the past few weeks. "Roman, remind me why we are walking in the opposite direction of your house?" Logan asked as they walked towards the park, right behind the new boy. "Be quiet, Microsoft Nerd. I'm watching Hot Topic." Logan rolled his eyes and ran ahead to protests from Roman and Patton. "Salutations. I'm Logan Sanders. I'm in your form." Virgil looked up at the be-spectacled boy before smiling and shaking his hand. "Virgil. D'you live down here?" Logan pushed his glasses up his nose and straightened his tie before answering. "Ah, no. I was just walking to the park with my friends, Patton and Roman." At the word Roman, Virgil's already pale face lost any trace of colour and he started walking away from Logan very fast. Logan ran after him. "Virgil! Please slow down!" Logan had never been very athletic. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't be talking to you." Virgil said before disappearing inside a house. Logan stopped and walked back towards to Roman and Patton. "Well?" Roman asked impatiently.

"No joy, I'm afraid. As soon as I mentioned you, Roman, Virgil paled and ran off. He said that he 'shouldn't be talking to me'? Any idea what that is about?" Roman curled his hands into fists.

"Remus, I'm going to fucking kill you." He said before running off in the opposite direction. Patton looked down a little. "Er, are you alright Patton?"

"Roman said we were going to get ice cream."

"We can still get ice cream together, Patton." Logan said, his face going red.

"You mean, like, on a date?" Patton asked

"I mean, um, if you don't want it to be a date then-"

"No. I-I'd be fine if it was like a date." Patton said, looking at the ground. Logan smiled at the adorable boy in front of him. "It's a date, then." He said, taking Patton's hand. Patton beamed up at Logan and pulled him all the way into town. Neither of them were aware of the boy in a Hamilton T-shirt crouching behind a bush with his phone out. Roman chuckled as he stowed his phone in the pocket of his white jeans. "Blackmail, boys. Pure blackmail."