It took us almost a whole minute before he pulled me into a room which looked like the kitchen. Thankfully, it was less crowded and I found myself exhaling the breath I had been holding onto.

I once again started looking around in search of the only person I came here for. Luca still didn't let go of my hand as I called Alice again from my phone. Just like before, it just rang and she didn't pick up.

And I tried my best to push down the overwhelming feeling inside me.

"She's not picking up." I looked back at Luca, worry lacing my voice. What if something happened to her? Would that be my fault? All I could think about was the time she had taken that car hit just because of me, and she hadn't even known the reality behind that.

If they really were Burner's men, they must've come here for something.

"Don't freak out, Rose." Luca spoke up, his eyes slowly moving behind me; searching. "She must be here somewhere."

I nodded out of instinct and found myself looking out of the two big glass doors overlooking the backyard. I was about to look away when I spotted someone in a vibrant blue dress.

My eyes widened the exact moment. "I think I found her." Not breaking my gaze away from her silhouette, I tugged on Luca's hand and started heading for the glass doors.

Soon enough, we were outside and I almost breathed out a sigh of relief when I spotted Alice along one corner, frowning down at her phone.

I pulled my hand away from Luca's and ran towards her. "Alice!"

She looked up immediately and a wide grin formed on her lips. "God, what took you so long?" She stumbled forward drunkenly before throwing her arms around my neck. Since she was drunk and wearing very high heels, she was practically draping over me.

And then she let out a giggle. "I couldn't find Noah, you know. I tried asking him for another dance but he just disappeared on me like everyone always does. And then I tried calling you but my phone's battery died and I had to stay here all alone because you scared me on the phone and–"

"It's fine. I'm sorry. Did...you see those guys again?" I asked, gripping her bare arms as I pushed her away.

She blinked and frowned. "What guys?" And then her eyes trailed behind me and she squinted them even further. "Wait, you brought him along?" She whispered –which really wasn't a whisper– with another huge grin.

I glanced behind my shoulder and noticed Luca regarding Alice with one of his frowns. I really couldn't blame him.

"Did you both kiss–"

"Alice." I cut her off with a panicked glare, really not wanting Luca to hear what she was about to say.

She smiled sheepishly at that and thankfully didn't say anything further.

"You told me about those guys dressed in black, remember?" I asked her. "Did you see them again? Did you see them leaving?"

She blinked and frowned. "Oh, yeah! They...they were just right there." She pointed off towards the other hidden side of the backyard which looked completely dark under the night sky, tall trees surrounding it.