Chapter 1

"How the hell did I end up here?" This was NOT supposed to happen.

I'm sure your confused since you just are tuning in so let me rewind a couple months. Actually let's go all the way back to the beginning of the school year where it all began.

I'm a senior at Middleway High School. Nothing is very great about me honestly. I'm 5'2 and over weight. I am easily over looked by everyone well everyone but my best friend Ivy.

They say opposites attract and that couldn't be more true with she and I. Ivy has these piercing green eyes, the shade of emeralds, while mine are hazel which normally would be beautiful but on me are just dull. She's 5'10 and the definition of thick or that's how every guy our age describes her.

We met in the second grade, she stood up for me when the kids would moo at me. We've been inseparable since.

Senior year was a big deal to her. We had to start "living" by that she means I couldn't go to school and go straight home. She was "living" already apparently since she's been dating her boyfriend for two years and often goes to his college frat parties.

Anyways onto the first day of school. It started like very other day but Ivy came over to get ready with me.

"Hey, Delly... I have a question for ya."

I already knew it was gonna be something I didn't care to talk about but let's give it a go, "what's up."

"Do you ever want to find a boyfriend."

Of course it was about boys. Not even the slightest bit shocked.

"I mean ya." Just thinking about getting boyfriend made me break out in a cold sweat.

"Let's make this an interesting year. I dare you to have a decent date that could potentially turn into a boyfriend by prom. If you can do that, I'll give you $500."

My brain filled with thoughts that I couldn't even process. I could really use the money as a down payment for my college apartment. But how was I to get a boyfriend? Most boys don't even look at me and if they do, it's to make fun of me or ask me for English assignment help.

"What if I lose?"

She smiled twirling a couple strands of her thick curly black with her fingers and then let out a giggle. "Nothing bad wi happen. But you have to agree to go on a date with Greg's friend."

Ugh... She must be talking about Kevin. He's the type of guy you pray you don't meet in a dark alley. Absolutely repulsive.

"I don't know Iv. Dating could really ruin my chances of getting accepted into college and getting a scholarship."

"Don't even pull that, you already got accepted into 5 colleges and I know for a fact you'll have scholarships. Please Delly!!! Just this once."

I know she will keep bugging me about it until I say yes. She's way more persistent than me.

"Fine."

She let out a shriek and that's when I knew this was going to be the longest year of my life.