Cantaloupe

"Why Can?" ask Ae in the changing room after they ends their club activity.

".....?", Can is in his confussion state. he just want to start over with Tin. Is it wrong?

"Why you give Tin another chance?", add Ae....

"Actually, it's all my fault. So, it's right if I give him another chance, right?", said Can.

"No, it's not. Actually It's a good excuse to make him misunderstand you and let him go away from you". 

"Why?", ask Can, he did't understand Ae's intention.

"You can't handle him, Can".

"Actually, I don't have any plans to handle him".

Can was smiling when he said that words while Ae just frowned. he doesn't believe that his friend choose love over him.

.

.

After changing, Can reads some message from Tin that saying if he was waiting for him at the side of the field. Can was smiling and ready to replying Tin's chat but then his expression changed so fast.

Why?

It's because Tin calling him Cantaloupe. Tin said "take your time Cantaloupe, i'll be here". 

Can hates his own nickname. Actually, he thought that he succeeded to hide that shameful nickname. Unfortunately, his archenemy or his horrible little sister deliberately raise her voice to intimidate Can when she know that Can is on the phone last night. 

Yes, last night Tin calls him but his sister, Lemon, disturb them because she wants to know something about P' No. 

When Can refuse her, that tragedy happened. It's really embarrassing.

when Can meets Tin, They just in silence until they reach Tin's favorite restaurant.

"something happened?", ask Tin. but Can only nods his head.

"someone annoys you?", ask Tin again. but Can only nods.

"who?"

"it's you Tin", says Can. When Tin looks him in disbelief, Can starts to explain him the nickname thing. 

"yes, Cantaloupe is my nickname. but i hate it. if you want to know me for a long period of time, just call me Can. I will forgive you since you didn't know it, but in the future don't make me sulking anymore".

Tin was smiling and said "yes, we just do as you say". 

Actually, Tin finds Cantaloupe as a really cute nickname. but if Can hate it, then he won't call him with it. 

Shortly, the waiters serve their meals. Can really in awe with all the food that Tin ordered. but it's just the same amount as usual. Tin loves to see Can's glowing eyes when he looks the delicious food. It makes him happy and want to pamper Can more.

"Can, I want to ask something about your nickname, Can't I?", ask Tin.

Can narrowed his eyes, then respond him with "ask away".

It must be the delicious food that give him some miracle.

"in the school, there is no one who know your full nickname?", ask Tin. But Can just nods and focusing himself on his food. he must be starving for his first training after his injury.

"so, only your family who knows that Can actually from Cantaloupe?"

"Nope. actually when i was a child, it's really cute when people calls me Cantaloupe, i was really happy. but it turns to be nightmare when i'm in school. all my friends in school thought that Cantaloupe was such a ridiculous nickname. they start to bully me. so I also start to hate my nickname and feels ashamed about it, it's funny right? but, it's not that bad actually. Thank God, I found some good friends who willing to protect me through my hardest time"

"Is Ae that good friend?"

"No. they all in different school. Ah, It's not like that. I'm the one who is in different school. Because I love sport, so I enrolled to our school."

"without your friend, are you scared?"

"yes, at first. but my friends always assure me that they got my back. They say, when someone bullied me, they will defend me. but then i thought that i can save the trouble if there is no one know about my nickname, so I hid it"

"in our school, there is no one comes from your previous school?"

For a second, Can stop eating and he looks at Tin.

"should I answer it? i'm tired of answering that question. Tin, why do you have a lot of question? just let me eat", Can said just let me eat when actually he almost eat up all the food, while Tin barely eat.

"yes... yes.... if you are tired, then I'll ask no more"

hearing that, Can was smiling. 

Tin wants to protect that beautiful smile, he can't help to say some reassuring words to Can.

"Can, Don't be scared,

I'll protect you from now on. 

I'll be with you. 

I'll got your back. 

and I'll defend you. 

Time flies,

 But I'm here 

and I will always be here for you".