iv. a (not so pleasant) return

"where the hell have you been? we've been waiting for you, for hours!" elvira screeched unpleasantly as wednesday entered the front door of the manor.

"yeah, you're so stupid for making mom and dad worry like that," lucius sighed, making his way down the staircase with pubert nestled into his arms.

"whatever. it's not like they dropped dead because i left," wednesday muttered under his breath. he just wasn't in the mood to hear his siblings' nagging.

"well, dad and uncle fester went out looking for you. they're still not back yet," pugsley informed as he exited the kitchen, a bag of chips in hand.

wednesday glanced at the clock, it was more of an action to prevent him from rolling his eyes. the teen hoped his reaction of surprise wasn't visible to his siblings, because he was in shock of how fast the hours flew by: he left around eight and the clock was now striking midnight.

"where were you?" his sister crossed her arms, eyebrows raised.

"i went for a walk," wednesday answered simply, brushing shoulders with his sister as he passed by.

wednesday didn't bother to look up at lucius as he made his way up the stairs. he didn't want to see their stupid, disapproving looks, aside from pugsley and pubert. pugsley was occupied, happily munching on his chips while the youngest addams was drooling in lucius' arms.

wednesday didn't even bother to greet thing as the severed hand crawled after him. he just shut his bedroom door on the creature. as he sat on his bed, he felt a pang of guilt: it was pretty rude of him to slam his door on thing and force his dad and uncle to look for him.

wednesday tossed himself onto the firm mattress, staring up blankly at the ceiling. he felt his emotions begin to build up, just like a pot of boiling, overflowing water that grandmama forgot to take off the stove.

he kept on thinking about his elder brother's degrading insults and his sister's incessant nagging, pugsley never stepping in to defend him. hell, he was even pissed at his parents; they were so detached from reality and frankly, could be pretty idiotic at times

wednesday was even disgusted with himself. he was actually feeling something, even with all these years of being emotionless? it frightened him more than he liked to admit. the only time he felt a tinge of enjoyment was when he attended camp chippewa with pugsley. the camp itself was pretty torturous but a girl he'd met made it tolerable. they didn't keep in touch, though if they did, he would've thanked her.

his thoughts drifted away to the girl he'd met in the town graveyard. he was unsure of how he felt about her but he knew that he despised that cat of hers. wednesday could feel the scratch on his face sting just by thinking about the monstrous animal. a small part of him wanted to never see her again, and a much larger part was intrigued by the girl.

an additional hour passed by, wednesday fell asleep soundly, his arms crossed like a corpse in a casket. the door was slightly ajar, gomez and morticia checking up on their teenage son. as gomez closed the door, he and his wife shared a glimpse of concern. wednesday may not have known it, but his parents worried about him.

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

sorry for not keeping up with my update schedule but thank you for tuning in and reading! ♡