"The Big Donut, I think," he said as you hugged him.

"Thanks! I'm going grab a few more!" You said walking out the door. You immediately felt better. The scenery going along the boardwalk was always a nice sight after a long day. You kept your eyes locked on the giant donut, peeking out on the horizons.

............

Steven stood at the counter, talking to Lars about his afternoon and plan for your homework. "Stars Lars you shoulda been there," he said, still daydreaming about you. Lars directed his attention outside at the window, wishing he wasn't at work. he noticed Steven's daze.

"She was cute, wasn't she," Lars started. Steven jumped a bit. "Okay c'mon what did she look like~"

"She was really cute, mysterious even. She had (h/l) (h/c) hair and the most amazing (e/c) eyes. You could almost get lost in them. She was a little shorter than me, and she had the prettiest outfit on."

Lars smirked as he asked a question. "Green t-shirt and a pair of jeans?" He crossed his arms, still on the brink of laughter.

"Yeah, how'd you kn-" Steven began, as Lars immediately interrupted.

"Dude she's about to walk in the door," Lars said, beginning to laugh uncontrollably.

Steven's face went crimson. "Ohmistars what do I do!?" He was freaking out.

"Uh..quick here! Hide behind the counter! And shut up so she doesn't hear you!" Lars yelled, as he quickly helped Steven over the counter. Steven's hair was showing, so Lars quickly put his hand on top of it, leaning on it to act casual as you walked in the door.

 Steven's hair was showing, so Lars quickly put his hand on top of it, leaning on it to act casual as you walked in the door

(Credit to one of my amazing friends for this beauty of a drawing)

"Hey welcome to the Big Donut! What can I get for ya?" Lars asked, still holding down Steven.

"Hm, I don't know. Funny story, but this is my first time here. My brother bought a donut home, and I just had to get some more. They were so good! What would you recommend?" You said, your eyes shining as you looked at all the flavors.

Steven was about to say something and actually got a sound out before Lars kicked him. "Uh sorry,the freezer's been acting up lately. I'd probably go for the Strawberry or Chocolate Drizzle."

"Ooh, I'm actually allergic to strawberry, but I have like the most obscure chocolate obsession, so I'll take one of those," you said, practically jumping for joy.

"Okey dokie," Lars bent down into the case to get the snack, giving Steven a little smirk. "Will that be for here or to go?" Steven was about to lose his mind. He knew Lars said that on purpose to mess with him. He was hoping with everything he had that you would say to go, so he could at least look at you as you were leaving the establishment.

"Um probably to go. I have some calculus homework I have to check over," you said, happily taking the donut, not knowing that Steven had your homework. Lars began to ring you up, as Steven snuck through the back door to place the homework outside on the doorstep of the Big Donut and rushing home. He attached a little note to it before with his phone number on it, hoping you would see it after he gave you the homework. It was a good thing he had done that, considering he wouldn't be able to hand it to you in person anymore.

"Thank you! Have a nice day," you said as you walked towards the door. You just stepped out when you saw the paper. You picked it up and opened it. You saw your name written at the top, and looked over the oddly familiar document. My...homework? you thought to yourself. It must have fallen out of your bag on the way here. Then, you saw the little pink note attached to it

It was a phone number.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hey guys! xfandomxgirlx here! If you have read this, thank you so much! This is my first Steven Universe story, and I knew I wanted it to be an x reader story! Thinking of the concept, I was a little nervous. I had never written a story like this before, and I was super anxious, not knowing how it was going to turn out. I was shocked to find out how smoothly the process went. I didn't think I'd be capable of writing a story like this, but here I am.

If you have any suggestions, please comment and I will do my best to try to implement them into the story in whatever way I can. I hope you guys are looking forward to this story as much as I am!

Peace out!