Last Christmas || 7

Diana and Jerry Look at the Boy standing in front of them.

Diana is in shock to see it's no other than Gilbert Blythe. The boy who left two years ago to do some traveling. however little did her know in doing so broke Her bosom friends heart. She couldn't fault him for that as he had no idea but, she was still quite shocked to see him coming downstairs to the cuthbert kitchen at this time of the morning.

Jerry looked at Him recognizing him from when they went to see Aunt Josephine  a few years back though he could sense some sparks between them outside of the diner it surprised him as of what he was doing here now?

Gilbert looks back and forth before looking up the stair well.

" Anne...."

Anne who had just finished throwing on a lilac purple dress walks out the door of her room and down the stairs to from where Gilbert had called.

She saw him with a confused and surprised look on his face as she went on down the stairs.

it was only once she was at the bottom of the stairwell did she's understand why Gilbert was surprised.

" Jerry, Dianna what are y'all doing here so early in the morning ?"

" Umm , We .. were.. When did....?"

Diana Trails off confuses at why Gilbert is here.

" Oh my god what happened i your head?"

Jerry asks with concern even though in a way he has A feeling he already knows the answer.

" I had a run-in with Billy Down by the lake of shining waters he wasn't too thrilled to see me luckily Gilbert showed up."

Anne says her voice quiet as she feels Gilbert's Eyes on her.

" oh honey again;?"
Diana asks feeling sorry for her bosom friend.

"That's the fifth time this month!"
Jerry exclaims.

" He was very angry."
Anne says her voice shaky.

" you're lucky it wasn't as bad as Christmas here sit down and how to scone."

Diana says as she helps Anne to sit down in a chair.

Gilbert Looks at the three people in front of him 'the fifth time this month' so this wasn't the first time this happened he was now sorry he didn't Beat Billy to a pulp when he had the chance.

He had never seen Anne like that her voice shaky as she was imagining the pain she felt.

" This isn't the First time this Happened?"
Gilbert asked his voice serious and full of rage and anger.

Diana looks at him in the eyes as she shakes her head before looking down to her hands as they were placed in her lap.

" I warned that sorry son of a bitch"

He heads to the door slamming it open as he walks on down the road towards the gate of the Cuthbert Farm.

Anne screams after him begging him to turn around from the  white porch.

she runs towards him tripping and falling finally getting his attention. He runs back towards her dropping down beside her pulling her into his lap as he held her close.

" How Long has this been happening?"

Anne shakes her head looking down.

"Anne How long?" He asks again in a serious tone.

" A few weeks after you left."

It hurt. Gilbert felt the pain and guilt he should have come back sooner he never should have left her.

" I'm so sorry"
Gilbert said letting out a sigh he  didn't even know he was holding in.

" It's okay" she says holding him tighter
" It's not your fault"

" Carrots What happened at Christmas?"

Gilbert asked calmly and gently pulling her body closer to his.

she felt a tear run down her cheek.

" yes last Christmas I was walking home from Diana's Christmas party Billy had followed me I decided to go through a different path on the way home, He.. He.... Grabbed me and tried to ... "

She couldn't speak and Gilbert understood why even though she hadn't said it he could
tell what she was getting at he felt a tear roll down his cheek how could he let this happen?

" I kicked him and ran he ended up catching me As he was kicking me and punching me Jerry, Moody and Cole Showed up before he could do anything.
Cole took me back to Diana's and told Marilla and Matthew i was staying there, I .. I just couldn't go home after he tried to... The next morning i told Marilla i had fallen on the way home from Diana's."

Anne felt herself begin to sob into Gilbert's shirt as she felt herself begin to apologize for crying yet she couldn't stop as her head was buried in the crook of his shoulder."

" Shhhhh, Anne, It's Okay."
she continued to sob.

Gilbert pulled away from her so he could look at her in the eyes.

" He or anyone else will ever touch you again, I'm not leaving you Carrots i Promise you i will Protect you."

He says as his hand is cupped on her right cheek. She Leans her head up Planting a Kiss on his lips as he leans back so his back is pressed into the dirt ground  as anne's  small figure is resting on top of him.

She begins to smile as they break the kiss.

" I love you so much Carrots "

She smiles as she kisses him once more.

***
Canceled for now !!!!!!!!