Dolores

Before I knew it I was engulfed in a smothering hug by the Boy Who Lived himself. I missed the lad to be honest. He frequently visited Egypt, even after Sirius escaped. Although I made him swear not to give up my location.

But the last time I had seen Harry it was the end of the Tri Wizard Tournament, when that lovely Diggory boy was killed. That summer he didn't visit due to Voldemort's return. But it didn't matter, I owled him a lot and sent him gifts too. I never wanted him to think he had no family or that no one cared. He'd always have me.

But soon as the hug started, it ended, by Moody grabbing my shoulder and grumbling about there being an Order meeting. I quickly told Harry to wait upstairs and I'd see him later.

I took a seat beside Bill and his arm went around my waist, almost subconsciously. I leaned my shoulder on his arm. With all the chaos of the order, I felt like Bill and I hadn't barely spoken all day. I shifted closer to him, leaning up to kiss his cheek.

He glanced down from his conversation with Charlie about dragons to kiss my forehead affectionately. Man, I loved him.

"Awh." Charlie cooed mockingly.

"Fuck off, Charlie." I mumbled into Bill's side, careful that Molly wouldn't hear me.

The order all crammed into the room, seating themselves around the table. Bill and Charlie continued to speak excitedly about each other's work while the girls of the order seemed to place themselves around me, striking up conversations left and right.

"Well, deary, ivory or white?"

"I'm sorry?" I sipped my tea that Sirius had made just minutes ago.

"Ivory or white?" Arabella Figg, the squib posing as a Muggle who lived on Private Drive, laughed, repeating Molly's question. "Dress, Blair! Ivory or white dress? For the wedding!"

"Oh." My cheeks heated, glad Bill wasn't listening. "Well, I don't know. I mean, I haven't really thought about it."

"You haven't?" Nymph quirked an eyebrow.

"Not really." I admitted.

I wasn't lying. Bill and I were engaged years now and I guess we never really say down to the plan the wedding. I wonder if Bill ever though about it, or maybe he was putting it off.

That's your nerves talking.

"She doesn't have to! My Blair could wear a bin bag and still look stunning. She's a Black, it runs in the family." My dad winked.

"Yeah, yeah, dad. Keep telling yourself that." I teased.

"Alright, alright, pipe down." Moody grumbled. "This'll be a quick meeting. As I'm sure you all know the infamous Blair McKinnon and William Weasley have graciously decided to gift us with their presence. Welcome."

"Lovely to see you again, Alastor!" I grinned cheekily. "I must say, you've really aged with grace."

Alastor Moody had frequently visited Egypt to visit and to also work with my mentor Gregory Wilde. They trained alongside each other back in the day to become aurors. Now, they both taught younger protégés, but there weren't many. Tonks and I being two of them. I was rather successful at being an auror too.

Although I'd never tell him, Alastor was the most admirable man I knew. He was more than supportive of my career and allowed me to help him capture Voldemort's followers on numerous occasions. One of the followers we tracked together was Evan Rosier.

That was a mission that resulted in me getting badly injured and Evan ending up dead. We never spoke of it. Sure, we were aurors but we never killed. Nobody likes the glomming after guilt of using a death curse.

Alastor threw me a lazy wink, chuckling to himself at my comment. I was glad to see him and I knew Nymph was glad to have him around too. She always looked up to him and his work, we both did.

"Now, you two many not have been informed of this but the boy, Potter, was attacked over the summer. Him and his cousin."

"Attacked?" I repeated lowly.

My blood boiled. Attacked!? By who? Why didn't anyone tell me?

"Dementors." Sirius confirmed.

"Dementors?!" Bill's eyes widened.

"The boy used "underage" magic for self-defence, got him into a bit of trouble at the ministry." Arabella snickered lightly.

"They even considered expelling Harry. Obviously Dumbledore was able to persuade them to reconsider." Remus sighed.

"Now here he is, under our watch. We got him from Private Drive soon after the attack. He's safe, for now." Alastor concluded. "But there's another problem. The ministry have stepped in at Hogwarts. Umbridge-"

"Dolores?" I bellowed. "That flipping twat? She's at Hogwarts?"

"Unfortunately." Molly muttered, taking my hand and giving it a squeeze.

"How do you know Umbridge?" Dad questioned, clearly confused.

"Are you kidding?" I almost felt my eyes well up with tears. "I was there when she passed the legislation against the full-time employment of werewolves. She smiled right at me when they took her picture for the Prophet. I'll never forget it." I spat. "Even years before that, I was around sixteen when I started interning at the Ministry of Magic. She knew about Remus and that I was raised by him. She tried to imply that I should look for a new guardian! He was apparently incapable of raising a child with his condition. She's, and excuse my french, a fucking psycho. No one was more capable to raise me than Moony!"

I could see Remus looking at me with a lopsided smile, his eyes glimmering with pride.

"You were at the ministry when she passed the legislation? You work for the ministry?" Sirius' eyebrows furrowed.

"Honestly, Alastor, have you told him nothing of our adventures?" I laughed half-heartedly.

I swear Alastor almost smiled. Almost.

"Young Blair here's an auror, Sirius. One of the best. Ruthless, determined..she's come a long way since she started training." Moody patted his shoulder.

"Oh Moody, you flatter me."

"I had no idea." Sirius mumbled to himself, almost disappointed.

"She saved my life and all!" Arabella exclaimed. "Brilliant your daughter, just brilliant. Although that'll be the last time I visit Egypt. It's crawling with the dark arts."

"Wait, hold on, what does Dolores teach? She's undersecretary to the minster. She hardly knows much to teach." Bill questioned from my side.

"Defence." Remus admitted bitterly.

"You're joking."

The Order filled Bill and I in on the situation that faced both us and Harry. It was upsetting, but I wouldn't show them that. Once the meeting ended, I darted up the stairs when I found Harry anxiously awaiting my arrival.

"Oh Harry." I hugged him tightly, pulling him close.

"Blair," he breathed. "I have so much to tell you."

A half hour later, I was sitting in Harry's room that he shared with Ron as the two of them filled me in on everything I'd missed at Hogwarts. The two would be returning back soon after Christmas but they spoke about it as if they were returning to the pits of hell.

Harry had told me everything about Dolores' teaching, from the blood quills to the wayward teaching from a kid friendly textbook. He even told me about his small resistance, Dumbledore's Army and that'd he started lessons with Snape to protect his mind from invasion by Voldemort.

"I'm so proud of you." I smiled genuinely. "Both of you. What you're doing is brilliant, it really is. I'm glad the Room of Requirement is being put to some good use."

"Don't look at me, it's all him." Ron blushed.

Harry rolled his eyes modestly as I watched him with hopeful eyes. Maybe he could beat this. Maybe he could win this.

He had to.