Surprise

"H-hi Remus." I heard Nymph stutter from behind me.

"Hello." Remus greeted her shyly.

Alrighty then.

Nymph's hair turned a subtle bubblegum shade of pink as she kept her eyes on the ground. Remus' hands were now shoved inside his tweed jacket's pockets, while a weird smile crept onto his face.

I squinted my eyes at my taller uncle. Never had I seen him act like this.

Wait. Did he fancy Nymph? No. No..he's too old! And she's my best friend! Eww. Ew. Oh my Godric. Oh my-

"Oh dear- there you are! Are you coming in? Breakfast's all laid out." Molly gushed.

"Oh, yeah, thank you, Molly." I smiled.

Her smile widened as I made my way over to her, leaving the lovesick puppies behind. I embraced Molly in a hug.

"Sorry for the crappy greeting yesterday, Molly. I just-"

"Oh don't you worry about that now. C'mon now, let's get you a nice cup of tea and a crumpet."

You had to admire Molly's motherly nature. She really did remind me of my own mother, Marlene. She was murdered by deatheaters when I was young. Although I didn't talk about her often, not a day goes by that I don't think of her, it was hard not too when I was a mirror image of her. It was a touchy subject.

Molly and I descended down the old hallway as she told me about how Ginny's childhood crush on Harry had turned into an infatuation of sorts. I noticed as Molly spoke, she sounded exhausted. There were slight purple bags under her eyes that were messily covered with makeup.

"Molly? Is everything okay?" I asked softly.

"..Didn't Bill tell you?" She asked wearily.

"Tell me what?"

"Oh, Blair, it's Arthur. He was attacked." Her eyes well up. "He's coming home from St Mugos today. We got an awful fright."

"Oh my- I'm so sorry. I had no idea." I apologised.

My mind was racing with questions.

"Thank you. But don't worry, everything'll be okay now that he's home for Christmas." She smiled weakly.

"I can't imagine how hard this is for you. To know that he's hurt and you can't even visit him. I don't want to even think how I'd be if something happened to Bill."

Her eyes twinkled and her smile grew just slightly.

"You know, I usually say whoever's with my boys are lucky ones but I think in this case Bill is lucky to have you. I've never seen two people look at each other the way you two do." She whispered as we entered the kitchen.

I felt my cheeks turn bright red and a grin etched it's way onto my face.

"Thank you, Mrs Weasley." I mumbled, grinning at the bubbling red head.

She winked at me knowingly before dashing off, catering to everyone's needs.

"Blair!" I heard a gruff voice yell.

"Oh my god, Charlie!"

His grin widened as we hugged. I hadn't seen him in what seemed like forever. Charlie was without a doubt one of my best friends. Without him, Bill and I never would have met.

"I can't believe how long it's been! And you and Bill-"

"She and Bill what?" Remus' eyebrow raised, almost as if he was getting ready to be angry.