Badass Becca

Derek’s POV:

“This is my stop.” I said spotting my History classroom.

 “Good luck!” I yelled before going in and taking a spot in the back. She might need it.

 It’s not that she wasn’t smart, that wasn’t it. I thought she was brilliant when it came to her evil plots and pissing off her parents, but she didn’t pay attention the entire year, and that would affect anyone.

Becca was a strange one. I had trouble figuring her out even though I’m pretty good at figuring girls out and I’ve known her most of my life. She was the only girl that wasn’t afraid of me. She was the only one that didn’t stop and gawk at me after I went to jail. It was like it wasn’t even important to her. We understood eachother and as you can probably guess, I’m crazy about her.

I don’t know how it happened exactly. She told me she had a crush on me when we were little but I, being the idiot that I was, completely screwed everything up. I just froze and then I was too embarrassed to talk to her for the longest time.

And then she started talking to me and we became best friends.

I introduced her to one of the guys from the football team hoping he would put in a good word for me but he started dating her himself. As if that wasn’t enough, their relationship is completely screwed up. It’s not just the jealousy talking, I’m serious. With them it’s like a contest to see who can care less. What’s the point in that?

Yeah, yeah. I know what you’re thinking. I should just tell her, right?? Yeah, great idea. I hate those TV shows where the guy doesn’t have the balls to tell the chick that he loves her. It seems like the simplest thing, but it’s different with her.

We made a promise after we became friends that we wouldn’t throw things away for a silly crush ever again. And as dumb as it sounds we promised not to fall for eachother. Plus I’ve seen the way she treats the guys she dates. She turns into someone else the second they begin turning into anything more than friends.

For example: Kyle.

He was my friend and her friend and all of us had a grand old time together. She treated him kind of like she treats me. Not great, but talkative and fun. Then Kyle got into his head that he was in love with her (Kind of like I did) and he asked her out.

She said yes and stopped answering his phone calls. She just cut him out of her life. I asked her about it but all she said was that he was lame.

I don’t want to be lame.

You probably think she’s a bitch now but that’s not true. She’s been through a lot and I think she just sucks at relationships.

The teacher walked in at that moment and I listened in to what she had to say.

“The tests are still printing. I’m sorry for the delay, class. You may chat QUIETLY in your seat.”

I found it ironic how the word she said the loudest was ‘quietly’.

As soon as she left, the classroom turned into a zoo.

“Dude, you’re so gonna fail. Why’d you even show up?” Hulk said.

No, his name is not really Hulk, but he certainly fits into his nickname. His name is Herbert, I bet Hulk sounds pretty attractive now, huh?

All you need to know about Hulk is that he’s a douche.

“Shut up, Hulk.”

“Don’t bother Derek.” His girlfriend, Sam, harshly whispered to him. “He went to JAIL!”

Her whispering skills sucked, I could hear every single word.

“Just kidding, man.” Hulk said quickly with a nervous expression.

See now that’s just wrong. Hulk could easily take me. I’m not a wimp or anything but the guy isn’t called Hulk for nothing.

I just shook my head. “It’s alright, don’t get your period.”

I guess people were listening to our conversation because I heard a couple people laugh.

Jimmy came and sat on the seat in front of mine and turned around to join the conversation.

Jimmy was the king of gossip. He talks about everyone more than girls do. And girls are girls.

“Hey guys, did you hear what happened to Badass Becca?” He said making up an appropriate nickname for her on the spot.

“She skipped school yesterday?” Sam guessed.

“Yeah, but that’s not it. She robbed The Grocery Store! She had police chasing her but she got away. I saw her out on the road! She was driving Kurt’s truck and kept crashing into everything driving like a maniac.”

With the way rumors spread at this school, I wasn’t sure whether to believe it or not.

I went to jail for peeing on the street (hey when you have to go, you have to go.) and when I came back to school everyone was saying it was because I killed a police officer.

But I should know by now that Becca is capable of anything.