𝟎𝟐; killing rampage

Start from the beginning

"You're a bitch," Josh retorts, cracking a smile. Cher walks into the living room, ready to share the news that Lucy had dinner ready but was caught by surprise at the current situation. The two in the floor look away from each other and at Cher who squints her eyes.

"Uh, okay. Daddy says food is ready," she smiles and turns on her heel, walking back to the dining room. Joan and Josh share a look, ready for another challenge. Josh rushed to crawl off of her but when he stood up, she grabbed his ankle and he fell down.

Joan hurtled over him and took off toward the dining table, before he could even stand up. He chuckles to himself quietly and then stands, strutting into the dining area as if nothing childish had happened.

Mel looks him up and down. "Josh, have you been growing? You look taller than you did at Easter." Mel observes. "I don't think so." Josh shakes his head, taking a seat next to Cher.

"Doesn't he look bigger?" Mel asks, pointing his fork at him. "His head looks bigger," Cher says, making Joan stifle a laugh as she covers her lips. Mel rolls his eyes and shakes his head at his daughters comment while Josh just ignores her. "So, Joan, make anyone cry today?"

"Sadly no, but it's only five thirty." Joan shrugs and Mel cracks a smile at his daughters sarcasm and then looks back to Josh. "So, Josh, have you given any thought to our discussion about corporate law?" Mel asks. Joan cuts up the steak and shoves a piece into her mouth.

"Yeah and I think i'd like to try out environmental law." Josh nods. "What for? You want to have a miserable, frustrating life?"

"Josh will have that no matter what he does." Joan mutters under her breath, earning a kick to the shin from the college boy. "Where's your report cards?" Mel asks.

"Upstairs." Joan tells him.

"It's not ready yet." Cher lies, not looking away from her food. "What do you mean it's not ready yet? Your sisters is ready."

"Well, some teachers tried to lowball me, daddy. You say never accept a first offer. So I figured, these grades are just a jumping point to start off negotiations." A phone rang. They all picked up theirs simultaneously, but Mels was the one that was ringing. He began to argue with the caller. Joan chewed on another piece of steak as she waited for him to get off the phone so she could ask him about the mail and once she did, his reply was, "Yeah, got something about Sarah Lawrence for you."

"Sarah Lawrence? Where is it?" Joan asks, her heart skipping a beat at the name. "On the table when you first walk in." Mel furrows his eyebrows as he watches his daughter get up from the table in a rush and run out of the room. Josh and Cher turn in their seats and watch her rip open an envelope. Quickly reading the paper, her eyes widened and her mouth drops.

"I got in! Oh my god, I got in!" She screams, running back into the room, laughing. "Into Sarah Lawrence? I thought you were gonna try out the corporate law like Josh." Mel says.

"No that's what you decided, dad. This is what i want," Joan says quietly. Joan looks to the paper in her hands and grins widely. "I can't believe i got in," Joan whispers and slumps in her seat, holding the paper on her chest.

Days later, they were once again sitting in debate class and Mr Hall was marking students and their tardies. "Paradoasm Banofshon—16 tardies to work off," the foreign kid begins to speak his language while the kids around him, laughed. "Janet Hong—no tardies. Travis Jones—38 tardies, by far most tardies in the class."