Chapter 14: 1 hour and 45 minutes left

Y/ns p.o.v 

When we got inside, we all got changed into some comfy clothes and told Gaten what happened, all sharing our sides of the story it all adding up. It took longer than expected because we where going through it in great detail. Chloe started crying at one point and Noah let out a cry to. Chloe told us about what Mr Brown said, about cheating and basically the family being fucked. I was honestly raging. I believed it but I felt bad for believing it, since we really had no proof we just had to look back at how sketchy Mr Schnapp was being and how their relationship wasn't the best. People often don't understand why people cheat, and honestly I don't know either, maybe they ran out of love or one of them was just getting bored. There was no right answer. 

Millie didn't know where her dad went but she said she wanted to move to New York this summer anyway and Sadie and Caleb wanted to go to London so it looked like everything was going to change after today. 

I sat up and went to the bathroom and as I was walking back out I bumped into Noah, he looked sad and relieved but also distressed. I just pulled him into a hug. 

We stayed like that for a while. I already knew what's wrong and there was no point asking if he was okay because that's a stupid question. I pulled apart from the hug and wiped his eyes for some tears that had feel out of them, I gave him a kiss and took his hand and headed back to the others in the living room. 

"Lets watch a movie then, lets speed the last hour and 25 minutes of this up," Finn said. 

We all agreed and put on a movie. 

I was easily distracted so I let my  thoughts wander, my phone was gone, so I would have to buy a new one after this, and my parents were probably trying to call me so I'd have to call them back. 

Noah and I will probably move into a small apartment because I don't think Noah or Chloe want to keep there old house. Gaten was moving because he's getting his own prank show and yeah that's amazing but everyone is moving. Just Chloe, Finn and Noah left with me. I don't want to move I want to stay and go to uni here so I can get a degree in law so I can protest and argue and go to court to stop the Purge. I'm sure Noah will help me since that's all he's ever wanted to do. Chloe and Finn are something so hopefully Chloe can move in with Finn, My mum will let me move out so I don't have a problem. 

Noah rubbed my hand causing me to look at him, he gave me a sympathetic smile. He made all my worries and thoughts stop slowly go away. I leaned into him as he put his hand around my waist holding me close to him. I looked around and there was a clock it was quarter to 7. Wow I was thinking for a long time there is only 15 minutes till this day ends and I'm so thankful to still be here we lost people and people I love got hurt badly but the most important people to me are still alive, breathing and I'm so lucky. There will be so many people dead, so many loved ones lost. I'm going to stop this so none of my kids or grandkids will be scared or hurt from this awful event. 

BANG! BANG! BANG! 

"What the fuck!" Finn shouted getting up and pushing Sadie, Millie and Chloe behind him. Caleb went to get a gun and Noah and me where just stood up and froze for a second. 

Noah pushed me behind him as Gatens front door opened and someone I never thought I would see again barged in, limping. 

"Dad," Millie said. 

"Tell your friend to have better aim," He snapped as he moved forward. We all stood back as we trembled in fear, he lifted his gun. 

"I need all the Schnapps dead. I want everyone they care about dead! Mr Schnapp stole my money and my reputation that's all I had!" He continued to shout, giving us another one of his stupid speeches, as we stood there in shock of the fact he was still alive. 

"Dad you have a family," Millie went to step forward but Caleb came back and stopped her from doing so. 

"Really then where is your mother? Your sister! You didn't even stay behind to see if I was alive!" Mr Brown Yelled. 

I swear he's got insane.

"Look buddy," Finn said stepping forward. "Caleb here has a gun and if you don't get out of this house and leave us the fuck alone he'll shoot you." 

I looked around zoning out from the conversation for a moment. My eyes drifted to th clock again 5 minutes left. Jeez he needs to stop talking. 

I hugged into Noahs arm making me feel protected, Mr Brown held up his gun again.

"Think about what your doing," Noah stepped forward. I moved up with him holding onto his shoulder trying to get him to step back because he only had about 2 minutes before the Purge is over and it's illegal to kill us. 

"I never liked you Noah, I can't wait to kill you," Mr Brown stated, a malicious grin spreading across his face. "Bye, bye."  

And then multiple things happened. 

BANG. A gunshot 

Sirens. The end of the Purge. 

Pain. Blind, searing pain, like being stabbed white hot knives. Ripping apart my skin. 

Blood. Wet, crimson blood. Rapidly oozing onto the floor. 

And then, darkness...