Chapter 1: It's Starting

Y/ns p.o.v

"Hey Chloe, how are you," I asked her.

"I'm all good, how have you been?" She replied

"Been chill."

"Noahs up the stairs," she informed me.

"Thanks, see ya!"

You walked up the stairs, through the familiar hall's to Noahs room.

"Knock knock," I said opening the door to Noahs room.

"Hi princess," Noah said as you entered.

"Excuse me, I'm a god damn queen," I laughed sitting down next to him

Noah chuckled "Sure."

"How are you feeling?" I asked referring to what was happening tonight. 

"Yeah, not really bothered to be honest," he told me but I knew he was lying, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm good, are you sure you are ok?" I questioned.

"Better now I know I have you here," he smirked.

I laughed kicking off my shoes and laying down next to him. He pulled me in close and gave me a quick peck.

"What time is it?" I asked, curious to when all hell would be unleashed.

"6.30, you left in time," he answered with a reassuring smile, knowing full well what You where thinking.

30 more minutes.

I wasn't really bothered, as I said, but I couldn't help worrying. There are so many things that could go wrong, so many people that could get killed. And not to mention one of my friends was stupid enough to want to go out. I swear if he dies I will kill him.

"So," Noah said putting his phone down. "I have Nutella in the kitchen with 2 spoons and lots of stuff we can watch on Netflix," he looked at me as he finished his sentence.

I let out a small giggle, "Is it even possible to have fun tonight?"

"We can try," Noah said trying to think positively, like he always does.

"Ok, we have half an hour so do you want to watch a show the now?" 

"Yeah!" Noah replied. "What about an episode of y/f/s the now," he said whilst getting his remote, knowing I would say yes.

We watched y/f/s in his bed, cuddling and him giving me an occasional peck on the head. 20 minutes soon passed and the episode had finished.

It's now 6.50.

The two of us headed down stairs to see if everything was going smoothly.

As soon as we arrived Mr Schnapp pressed the button for the heavy shutters to go down outside the doors and windows.

"Hello again y/n it's nice to see you," Mrs Schnapp said coming round the corner.

"Hey, it's nice to see you too, Mrs Schnapp." I kindly answered.

"Come on, I'll take yous two to the room where we are going to start the night," Mrs Schnapp offered.

"Ah yeah, we better get in there," Mr Schnapp said.

Soon after this he spotted me and sent a grin my way. "Hey there kiddo, welcome home,"

"It's good to be back," I laughed at the joke we shared.

I followed Noah and his parents to a room at the back of the house.

As we entered the first thing that came into view was a TV that showed live footage of the surrounding neighborhood. Next to that was a smaller screen with a keyboard for some kind of password. I took a seat next to Noah on the couch, Chloe then came and sat next to me.

"Hey Chloe, what's that keyboard thinga-mi-bobber," I asked.

"Oh it controls the shutters," she smiled "I remember when I was little I overheard dad telling mum the password and me being my little 6 year old self wanted to play outside, I thought it was a great idea to put the shutters up. Let's just say dad wasn't happy."

"Thanks for letting me know," I giggled back.

The only thing that gets me about Noahs parents is that they support the Purge. Like what! They think it's great for people to get there anger out. If you really want to get your anger out go to a rage room! Do anything but just don't kill an innocent person because it just leaves tragedy.

I personally think they like it for business purposes.

Noah and Chloe disagree with there parents thinking. They think it's awful but they can't say anything in front of there parents about it for some reason, it's like they'll disown them if they are against the Purge, which is crazy! They never talk about it anymore. Not after Mr Schnapp struck Noah across the face for saying the Purge was an awful idea.

"So guys 2 minutes to the Purge," Mr Schnapp said with a sickly grin. No one answered.

Noahs p.o.v

I wanted to say something, I really did. I wanted to say I was terrified for all the people who where going to die tonight. I would hate being out there.

Y/n looked at me as if she knew I was uncomfortable. She always knew what I was thinking, I'm just glad she's here now.

"1 minute left," my dad said, filling the silence.

I leaned on Y/ns shoulder fed up. I just hoped the next 12 hours would to go by fast.

Y/ns p.o.v 

I looked at Noah. I could see in his eyes he wanted to stand up and shout from the roof tops everything that was wrong with this event.

"1 minute left," Mr Schnapp said. Noah put his head on my shoulder and I rested my chin on his head. I'm glad my mum and dad are staying in Canada for a work meeting. Luckily the Purge only happened in America.

"This is not a test," I hear from the TV. 

It's starting. The Purge is starting.

"This is your emergency broadcast system announcing the commencement of the annual Purge sanctioned by the U.S government."

It sent shivers down my spine as I listened to the TV.

"Weapons of class 4 and lower have been authorized for use during the Purge. All other weapons are restricted."

Now all I was thinking about was where the hell did Finn find a class 4 weapon for this.

"Government officials of ranking 10 have been granted immunity and shall not be harmed, commencing at the siren any and all crime including murder, will be legal for 12 hours," 

I felt my heart speed up.

"Police, fire and emergency medical vehicles will be unavailable until tomorrow morning at 7am, when the Purge concludes."

I wish I could just sleep through this but I knew that wasn't an option.

"Blessed be our New Founding Fathers and America, a nation reborn. May God be with you all."

The sirens went off.

Hell had been unleashed.

Authors note 

Hello lovely human beings, I hope you got a feel of what my writing's like as I said I'm Scottish so some words will be different like mum and mom so if you can look past that please and thank you. 

Anonymous <3