28 | Sliding Doors

Y/N

_

"I still can't believe you're back."

Peter and I were sitting on a street curb, sharing a sandwich from Delmar's. I know it wasn't a classy reunion, but just being able to do things like we used too, it made me feel so much better. I always felt better when I was with him.

"Neither can I," I nodded, taking another bite, "for a second I thought I'd be stuck on Sakaar."

"Wait, wait, stop right there," Peter said, his mouth hanging open, "where?"

"Sakaar. It's where my dad was."

"So you went to see your dad, on another planet? Not to mention that your dad is the Hulk?"

"Yeah, apparently."

"So does that mean... you can turn green too?"

I laughed, shaking my head. After Steve and Bucky handled thier business a few months back, they managed to get a friend of theirs to get me all the way across space. Stephen Strange...I think his name was.

"No, remember when I said my dad died a few days after I was born?" I explained, "that's when the whole, radioactive thing happened. It was too dangerous for my mom and me, so he just decided it was best to pretend he died."

"I'm sorry about that."

"Don't be," I shrugged, "I'm just glad I finally got to meet him."

God, I loved how Peter looked. He was wearing his bright blue Midtown hoodie, and his hair looked even softer than I remembered it being. Even though I was lightyears away from him, I never forgot the feelings I felt when thinking about him.

"So, what have you been up to?" I asked, "living on earth, that is."

"Living?" he chuckled, "more like dying."

"Oh?"

He exhaled, setting the sandwich into his lap and turning to look at me. He tilted his head, one of his curls falling over his face, and grazing against his eyebrow.

"You know, I meant what I said back there," he said, his voice soft, "when I said I didn't want to lose you."

"I know," I muttered.

"And then you just ran off."

"I'm so sorry Peter, I had no choice-"

"I understand," he said, "but here's the thing."

He took my hand, and placed it over his knee, rubbing my palm with his thumb. I felt guilty more than ever, running off. If there was any other way, I would have taken it.

"Now you have a choice," the boy continued, "you found your dad, you freaking went to space, and now you're back."

"Yeah..."

"And now that everything's over, I was just wondering..."

"Wondering what, Peter?"

He gulped, staring at the ground, "...if you would choose me this time."

I hated that he needed to ask me that question. Of course I would choose him. I would always choose him. And now that I finally could, I would.

"Hey, hey hey," I said, leaning my forehead against his, "I will always choose you, I promise."

He let out a sigh of relief, his nose brushing against mine. I loved being this close to him, and I loved that he let me. I loved him, and not even a distant planet far off into space could change that. No matter what, I'd always come back for him.

"I really want to kiss you," Peter laughed, "but I'd rather not let our second kiss be sitting on a sidewalk curb."

"Our first kiss was when you were being electrocuted."

"Yeah... neither were good scenarios."

He stood up, grabbing my hand and hoisting me onto my feet. Our fingers laced together, we began to walk down the sidewalk, happy we were together again.

I love that word. Together.

Peter and I were together.

_

"Do you really have to go now?"

I nodded, nudging him with my elbow.

"I have to visit my mom," I said, "you're lucky I came to see you first."

"I won't deny that."

We were standing on the 36th Avenue platform, watching the train fly past us. I turned to look at the boy, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Remember how we met?" I mentioned, watching as the train came to a stop.

"If I remember it clearly," he teased, "I saved your life."

"Don't get all cocky on me!"

"Fine, I won't," he grinned, pulling me in tighter, "but that was the best decision of my life."

The car doors opened, and people started filing out of the train around us. Letting go of Peter's hand, I pressed a kiss on his cheek, watching as his face turned a rosy shade of pink.

"Are you blushing, Parker?" I grinned.

"Maybe..."

"All I did was kiss you on the cheek."

"Yeah...you did," he stammered, "wow."

I laughed, ruffling his hair and tucking a stray piece behind his ear. I couldn't wait to see what the future held for us.

"Let's see if this makes you blush more," I teased, pulling him in and kissing him on the lips.

The last time I did this, it was quick; a simple peck. But this I wanted to last forever. As the warning bell sounded into the station, I pulled away, much to Peter's disapproval. He stuck out his bottom lip, as if to say, come back!

"I gotta go," I mumbled, stepping into the car, "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"And every day after that?"

I nodded, my lips still tingling from our previous exchange. Even though I had to leave him now, we both knew it was far from the end. Far, far, from the end.

"Goodbye Peter Parker," I whispered.

The final bell started, and the train began to shift. Even as the conductor's voice boomed over the speaker, the only thing I could focus on was the boy's hazel eyes.

I love you, Peter Parker.

Then the doors slid closed.