24 | Remember Her?

Y/N

_

Thump, Thump, Thump.

My eyes fluttered open, welcoming the sight of the sun streaming in.

Thump, Thump, Thump.

The hotel room was still, and looked untouched since yesterday night. I yawned, closing my eyes again and hoping to sleep for a few more minutes. But whatever that sound was, it was driving me insane.

Thump, Thump, Thump.

It sounded like a heartbeat. But it definitely wasn't mine.

I opened my eyes quickly, realizing my head was resting on top of Peter's chest. I wasn't sure how I ended up here, but I couldn't pry myself off. Peter had his arm wrapped around me, unconsciously wrapping me in a hug.

And due to his enhanced strength, I couldn't loosen his grip. I was stuck. Laying on him. While he was holding me.

"Peter!" I whispered, patting the side of his face, "wake up!"

He didn't respond, but instead turned his head the other way. Great.

"Hey!" I said a little bit louder, "Peter?"

Still didn't budge. Instead, a soft mumble escaped his lips, and he pulled me in tighter. At this point I felt like I was about to suffocate if he pulled more. If he wouldn't wake up by me slapping him in the face, or yelling in his ear, there was only one thing to do.

And it was going to hurt.

"I'm so sorry," I said, "don't hate me for this."

Lifting up my leg, I kneed him in the...yeah. You can guess. Peter's eyes whipped open, and his jaw dropped in pain. It looked like he wanted to scream, but no sound was coming out. He was in nerve shock. In the commotion, he let go of me, and I quickly rolled onto the floor.

There was silence.

"Peter...?" I said softly, unable to see him from where I was. I slowly sat up, and stood onto my feet, where Peter was coiled up into the sheets. His cheeks were red, and so was the lip of his nose.

"G-good morning," he stuttered, his voice still faint, "what j-just happened?"

I didn't even answer, before running over towards the cabinet, and snatching up the ice box. Taking out the bag, I ran back over to him, and held it out for him to take.

"I'm so sorry," I apologized, "it was the only thing I could do."

"I'm confused..."

I blushed, scratching the back of my head sheepishly, "you were kind of..."

"Kind of what?"

"Trapping me. With your arms. While I was laying on top of you."

"You were laying on top of me?" he gasped, like his brain just blew a fuse. He didn't seem to comprehend it, and batted his eyelashes, "how did that happen?"

"I don't know! I was sleeping!"

He sat up, wincing, and carefully stood onto his feet. Wobbling into the bathroom, he shut the door, and I was left alone in the room.

There was nothing good about this morning. It was a mess.

_

"Did you sleep well?"

Peter and I were called for an emergency meeting with Tony, and we found ourselves in a giant office space. I cleared my throat, a little peeved. None of this would have happened, if he hadn't cancelled the second room.