-Definition-

Base on my research on Healthline.com in google, A phobia is an irrational fear of something that’s unlikely to cause harm. The word itself comes from the Greek word phobos, which means fear or horror.

When someone has a phobia, they experience intense fear of a certain object or situation. Phobias are different than regular fears because they cause significant distress, possibly interfering with life at home, work, or school. People with phobias actively avoid the phobic object or situation, or endure it within intense fear or anxiety.

Phobias are a type of anxiety disorder. Anxiety disorders are very common. They’re estimated to affect more than 30 precent of U.S. adults at some time in their lives. In the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5), the American Psychiatric Association outlines several of the most common phobias.

What is the cause of Phobia?

-Many phobias develop as a result of having a negative experience or panic attack related to a specific object or situation. Genetics and environment. There may be a link between your own specific phobia and the phobia or anxiety of your parents this could be due to genetics or learned behavior.