07 | the four champions

we were all siting in the great hall whilst the older students were placing their names into the goblet.

i watched as cedric was putting his name in the goblet. i cheered for him. he caught my eye and smiled. 

fred and veorge came running while everyone cheered. "thank you, thank you.

"well lads, we've done it." fred announced to the cheering crowd.

"cooked it up just this morning." george added.

"It's not going to work." hermione said in a singing voice. 

"oh yeah? and why's that granger?" fred asked.

"Because.  . " hermione started closing her book,"you see this? line? that's age line. dumbledore drew himself."

"so?" shrugged george.

"so a genius, like dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by something pathetically dim witted as an ageing potion." hermione huffed. the twins muttered something before hoping up to the goblet.

"ready fred?"

"ready george."

"i don't think that's a good idea." i muttered to myself.

"bottoms up." they hooked their arms around and swallowed the liquid before jumping to the circle. nothing happened which surprised me

everybody started cheering and clapping. they dropped their names in it and still nothing happened.

but then, the flame began bigger and jets of blue fire flew from the goblet.  the twins were pushed into the air and they had untamed white hair and beards.

i let out a breathy laugh as they began to fight. hermione furrowed her eyebrows and took a seat beside me.

the whole thing hall went silent as viktor krum walked through the door and dropped his name in the goblet.

krum glanced in my direction and smiled. i turned around to find hermione smiling back at him. i raised my eyebrows and smirked,"krum huh?"

"shut up." she scoffed, rolling her eyes. i giggled at her expression. she is too cute.

──────

a few days later, on thursday night we were all seated in the great hall for the declaration of champions.

i watched as dumbledore announced viktor krum's, fleur delecour's and cedric diggory's name as the champions. the whole hogwarts cheered wildly at the mention of cedric.

"excellent! we now have our three champions! but in the the end only one will go down in history. only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory.  . the Tri-wizard cup! ". he spun and pointed at the cup. 

i clapped with a large smile on my face but soon it drifted as the blue flames began to swirl wildly.

a fourth slip of paper flew from the goblet towards dumbledore who caught it.

"harry potter." he announced making me doubt my ears.

i frowned. he repeated again,"harry potter!"

my eyes widened and i froze, looking at my brother, who looked petrified.

hermione nudged him, muttering, "Go on harry." but he didn't budge and i couldn't blame him.

"harry for goodness sake." she shoved him from his seat. the hall burst into abuse and shouting.

"he's a cheat!"

"he's not even seventeen yet"

my breath caught in my throat as i turned around to find people either glaring or staring at me. i dashed out of the hall to the astronomy tower. 

the wind blew across my face and i let the tears fall down my cheeks. i've been holding them for too long.

what am i gonna do now? I'm sure harry wasn't the one who put his name in. people die in this tournament and i can't let that happen to harry. he's the only family i have.

i tucked a strand of black hair behind my ear when i heard a voice.

"you alright?"

I turned around to find malfoy standing with his hands in the pocket of the robes. i sighed, bringing up my hands to my cheeks to wipe the tears.

"um yeah."

"doesn't looks like." he said, walking up to me.

"how can i be? didn't you see the others abusing and glaring at me and Harry." i bursted off .

"well, do you really think potter had put his name in the cup? If he did, then i surely want to know how." he smirked.

"you know what. I though that maybe you're not a stupid git. but I'm wrong. You are an idiot." I snapped and darted out of the astronomy tower.

i walked up to the gryffindor common room with my head hung low. I saw harry sitting on the armchair, staring at the ceiling.

"harry!" I ran and hugged him tightly.

the common room was empty which it's usually not. But i guess this is the way of the gryffindors to show that they believe he's a cheat. I cried on his shoulder as he rubbed my back.

"what is going to happen now?" i mumbled.

"I'm going to compete"

I pulled out of the hug and stared at him. "no way!"

when he did not say anything, i held his hands, "People die in this tournament harry. and you're just 14. I can't loose you. how are you going to get past this? you're 14 for goodness sake." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"still older than you, sister " he joked.

seriously? he's joking at this moment?

"just by three minutes, brother." I scoffed.

"that still counts." he chuckled.

"Shut up." I said, hitting his arm.

he hugged me sideways and rubbed my shoulders, "I'll be okay." He muttered, smiling.

"promise me." I looked up at him.

"I promise."