2. Dance Evaluation

Comenzar desde el principio

Youngblood started playing over the speaker, it was a short, but powerful routine that I whipped up with the trainee dance instructor and trainer.

I came into my resting pose with my back facing Taeyong. Taeyong smiled and got up without a word. It concerned me that one of SM's best dancers didn't say anything at first. I unknowingly bit my lower lip, waiting for his response.

What if he thought I was awful? Will he tell the company to cut me?

"Wow."

"Wow?" I choked.

"I reviewed some of your previous tapes, and you absolutely killed this concept. You're ready to debut, heck your talent should have debuted long ago." I blushed at his compliments, feeling giddiness creep through my whole body.

"R-Really?

"I agree with you. Your fluidity and line separations were incomparable."

I couldn't even been to describe how good it felt to receive such high praise from the male in front of me, "Thank you so much, Sunbae!"

He gave me a sweet smile at my wide smile, "I'm going to have a talk with Sooman. I see a lot of potential in you. I wish you the best of luck at your evaluation." I bowed to him deeply and he nodded. I was extremely grateful for the confidence boost. He left, leaving me alone.

"Yujin!"

Sorn came sprinting back into the room right after Taeyong left, looking like a million thoughts were racing through her mind.

"Woah, slow down there! What's going on?"

"First, why did I just see Taeyong walk out of this room?!" She screeched, hearts clearly floating around her like they did in animations. I chuckled at the boy-crazy girl.

"I don't really know why he really came, but he ended up watching my routine and said that cool concept suits me better!" I chirped, feeling like I was leaping over the moon.

"Oh my god that's great! Well, I was summoned because... drum roll, please." I patted my hands on my pants, building up for her big announcement.

"I'm debuting!" I gasped, tears immediately surfacing.

"Wait, really?!"

"You doubt me?" She feigned hurt.

"No, no! I just wanted to make sure!" I threw my arms around her neck, bringing her into a tight hug. She squeezed my mid-section tightly, but all I could feel was the buzzing joy of excitement.

"Congrats, Unnie. You deserve this more than anyone else!"

"Nonsense, I'm waiting for them to debut your ass."

I laughed happily, but a pang of sadness resonated in my heart. Sorn has trained for fewer years, but she was debuting before I was. Don't get me wrong, I'm over the moon for this sweet, hard-working girl, and she really deserved this more than anyone, but my heart was growing more tired of all these years of hard work, sweat, and definitely many tears. 

When was my time coming?

"Don't make this about me, Sorn. Lets celebrate this awesome news tonight, okay? I know I still have to train, but lets sneak out a little early so that I can treat you to meat bbq?" I winked and Sorn rolled her eyes with a large smile.

"But I have to diet now!"

"They won't have to know about tonight, okay? Just this one night."

"What did I do to deserve a friend like you?"