Page 16: Mama's Home

Yesterday was so much fun. Too bad it was a Friday.

Instead of laughing with Hyuck, I'm home alone in my PJ's.

I suddenly hear a knock at the door and get up to answer it. To my surprise I meet eye to eye with my mom.

"Y/N!" She shouts, giving me a big hug.

"Mom? What are you doing here?"

"I received a break from work and obviously I wanted to see my daughter." She responds. I felt super happy. I haven't seen my mom in awhile and maybe I could tell her about Hyuck.

I make us some tea and we sit down on the couch.

"So, how's life? Anything or anyone you want to tell me about?" My mom ask.

"Well-"

"Hold that thought, I have another question." She interrupts and I close my mouth, awaiting her question. "Do you ever miss (home country)?"

"All the time, but I really like Korea too so it's okay-"

"No, it's not okay. You shouldn't have to miss your home country." My mom finishes. I give her a questioning look, it's like she's trying to tell me something.

"Really mom, it's fine. Hopefully I can visit over summer or something?" I shrug.

"What if you could visit now, andneverleave." She says, speeding up on the last part.

"What!?"

"I miss you, and I got a promotion which means I'll finally earn enough to take care of all of us. I want you to move back Y/N."

"When?" I question, trying to buy more time to think all of this through. I can't move back, I have so much here. I won't go... right?

"I'll give you one week to pack your things and say your goodbyes if you choose to come with me." My mom ends, standing up and walking to the skin to wash her cup. "Just think about it, alright?"

(Monday)

It's been two days since my mom asked me to move back home. I become scared because I'm actually starting to considering it.

I can't leave, I never got to prank Mark back for what he did in Science a few weeks ago, Chenle and Renjun know all my deepest secrets, so if they're mad at me for moving, they could tell the entire school.

But most importantly, I'll never get to tell Donghyuck how I feel.

Yes, I admit it.

Every time I thought about moving, I thought about him and how much I'd miss him. There's no use in denying my feelings now.

Will Jaemin hate me too?

No, he's understanding. If anyone, he knows how much I miss home.

I was very quiet during lunch and the boys seemed to notice.

"Y/N, what's wrong? You've looked down all day?" Renjun ask.

"Oh nothing, just a bad grade." I fake smile.

"If you want, I can help you study?" Jeno says.

"No thanks, I'll be fine." Hyuck stares me down. I know he could see right through my lies, but hopefully he didn't touch on it for the rest of lunch. He sighs and looks away. I feel relieved.

The day ends and Hyuck runs up to me and Jeno at the gates.

"Jeno, you mind if I steal her?" He ask.

"It's not like you haven't before." Jeno jokes and waves, walking off. Donghyuck grabs my hand and pulls me in the other direction.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"On a date."