Page Uno: New Start

Hello, my name is Choi Y/N and this is my first day of attending SM Highschool. I bet you're wondering how I got here. I was born and raised in a different country but recently moved to Korea. I am Korean though so I grew up in a traditional Korean household learning Korean as my first language.

My parents got divorced when was young so after that my grandma moved in with me, my mom, and my two sisters. (one older, one younger) With all these people and my mom being the only one with a job, we had a hard time with money. A couple weeks after I finished Freshmen year of highschool (year 9) my aunt surprised my mother by telling her she was moving to Korea for a better job. My aunt was one of the only people helping us money wise, so we knew when she moved we would have even more issues. 

My mom knew I was always interested in the Korean culture, since we were so used to my country and only visited Korea a couple of times, so after thinking, she asked me if I wanted to move to Korea with my aunt. I rejected the offer at first, and countless times after, I mean why would I want to move, I have all my friends and family here? But after some contemplation, I realized it was better for my family if I did move. (Plus, my aunt promised me an EXO concert.) 

So, me and my aunt moved into a little apartment over the summer and now I'm here. 7:30 a.m., Seoul, South Korea, getting ready for my Sophomore year (year 10) and my first year at SM High.