He sighed and staggered to a stool. He slumped, placed his arms on the counter and rested his head on them.

"I am hungry" he mumbled.

Theresa's heart tightened at his soft voice. He was helpless and weak. That didn't make her happy.

She walked towards him and ran her fingers down his messy hair.

"Rest! I will prepare something for you, okay?"

He nodded with his head buried in his arm.

Theresa bit her lip and looked at the kitchen.

*What can I prepare that would be fast?*

She looked at each cupboard. Her eyes fell on a carton of noodles. She smiled.

*I can work with this!*

She selected them and began to work her magic on the noodles. Now and then, she would glance at Alex and pout. She couldn't bear to see him this weak.

She was done with the noodles. She dished it on a plate and sat beside Alex. She patted his shoulder.

"I made noodles" she whispered.

Alex hesitantly rose his head. His weary eyes glanced at the steaming noodles and he looked at her.

"I will feed you" Theresa ordered.

"I can feed myself" he pulled the food to his front.

She rolled her eyes and pulled the plate to her side. She picked it up with one hand and took hold of Alex's hand with the other. She jerked him up and led him to the living room. She gestured him to sit and ran to get the bottle of water.

She returned and sat beside him. "Let me feed you," she said and rolled some noodles in the fork. She blew some air to cool the food and placed it close to his pink lips.

"Eat!" she said in a soothing voice. "Feeding yourself requires energy. I just want to help you save those energy. Don't be stubborn".

Alex scrunched his nose and looked away like a baby would when they didn't want to eat. Theresa frowned.

She placed the fork back into the plate, gripped Alex's jaw and snapped his face to her direction.

"Xander, don't make me angry" she warned.

"I can feed myself"

"I just want to help you, dude" she pouted.

"I don't need your help. My hands are not broken"

"You know what! Take" she placed the plate beside his hand. "Feed yourself".

Theresa folded her arms at her chest and stared at the wall with a scowl.

*Why am I even helping this jerk? He deserves to suffer! Idiot!*

Alex ate in silence. Theresa glanced at him. He was eating slowly. It was so obvious he didn't have much strength.

Suddenly, he began to cough. Theresa grabbed the bottle of water, opened it and gave it to him. He gulped some water and began to cough more. Theresa leaned closer to him and rubbed his back.

His coughing stopped and he sighed.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine" his flaccid voice echoed.

Her worried eyes jabbed into his and he averted his gaze from her.

"Why are you worried about me?" he asked.

*Uh... He is right! Why am I so worried about him?*

Theresa chose to ignore his question. She picked the plate and rolled some noodles on the fork. She brought it close to his lips.

"You need to finish eating before you can talk" she instructed.

He bent, opened his mouth and ate the food. Theresa smiled in victory. She continued feeding him till the plate was empty.

She returned the plate to the kitchen. "Time to sleep" she declared.

She helped him up and wrapped her arm at his waist as she led him to his room.

He lay down and she covered the duvet. She placed her palm on his forehead.

"Oh my gosh! You are running a temperature" she gasped.

She glanced around the room and walked into the bathroom. She came out with a towel and a bowl of warm water.

Theresa sat at his side, damped the towel and massaged his body with it. While she did this, Alex never took his eyes off her. He was trying to understand the person beside him.

"You are Theresa, right?" he finally voiced.

"Yes, stupid!"

"Why are you helping me?"

Her heart fluttered. She could hear the throbbing sound. She squeezed the excess water out of the damp towel and placed it on his exposed chest. He was wearing a top with a v-shaped neck.

"Hey, you haven't answered!"

"I never knew you were this dumb!" Theresa sneered.

He frowned and rose up, making his face close to Theresa's.

Her heartbeat wasn't steady. It thumped, hitting her rib cage.

*What is happening to me? It feels like I can't breathe*

He leaned closer to her. Their faces were inches away. His eyes stared suspiciously at her.

"Are we friends?" Theresa asked.

He blinked and replied, "I think so".

"Dummy, what do friends do for each other? "

A smile creased his face. He chuckled and said, "I didn't know you had this in you".

"What?"

He shrugged and stared at her. Then his eyes fell to Theresa's hand that was on his chest. The damp towel was dripping water on his shirt.

As soon as she noticed this, she pulled her hand away.

"Sorry," she mumbled under her breathe. "Are you better now?"

She placed her palm on his forehead. He was warmer now. The corner of her lips quirked up.

"I will call a doctor tomorrow" she said.

"No, don't!"

"Why not? "

"Because I said you shouldn't!" he said in a deep and authoritative voice.

"Well, I don't care about what you say. I will do what I want," Theresa's brows snapped together and she gripped the neck of his shirt.

~~~Author's note~~

What is going on between Alex and Theresa 🧐😁?

What do you think of this chapter?

Is there anyone shipping Alex and Theresa?

Pls don't hesitate to vote and comment. Thanks for reading. Love y'all ❤💖💕💗💓