To Arms

The vampires hiss only spurred the Alpha onward, his clothes shredding from his body as he shifted.

"Dog!" The vampire screeched as his fangs protruded from his lips, his pale skin making him look sickly and the color of his eyes shifting to red as he saw his target.

The pair collided with force. The entanglement of limbs and teeth made it difficult for William or Erick to enter the fray. While they cursed it at first, the arrival of several other vampires to their friend's aid made it worth the wait. They quickly shed their clothes and shifted, listening as Everest swore loudly. The pair lunged forward, engaging the three that tried to join their friend.

Henri had just thrown the vampire to the ground and was shaking his leg like it was a rag doll held firmly in his maw. The sound of bones snapping, and the sounds of his victim screeching filled the forest. At the rate the sounds were escalating, it wouldn't be long before more would arrive.

William collided firmly with one attacker, his mouth wrapping tightly about the forearm of the blood sucker. The sound of his bones breaking filled William's ears as he bit harder. He felt the nails of his opponent rake his back as he released his hold. Growling and snarling as the vampire adjusted his stance. A few seconds of feet shuffling, and they lunged for each other once more.

Erick tackled the first to come through toward them, his feet planting firmly on the ribs of the downed creature, listening to the satisfying crack as he bounced off him toward his companion. His sharp teeth missing their mark as the swipe of a large hand sent him to the side. His opponent rushed to aid his fallen companion, both rising quickly to face Erick. His jaw snarled and his lips curled away from his teeth, as he snapped at the air about them. Growling foreshadowed his next move, as he lunged toward the already injured vampire. Ducking away from the swipe of the one beside him, he grabbed the shoulder of his prey. The sound of the bones breaking brought little satisfaction in the moment, as anger raged through the gray wolf. With a force deep within him, he heaved the vampire across the small path. Erick lifted his head with great pride, as he watched the vampire impact a tree. The broken branch that protruded from the trunk of the large oak quickly impaled its visitor, taking little comfort in the screams and ash it brought forth.

The death of one came as a distraction to Henri's opponent, as the two were circling. With a hiss he charged at Henri and with dexterous skill, he dodged the attack. His mouth coming to the nape of his cold neck as he fell to the ground. Henri's nails dug deep into the cold flesh as he tore the spine from his attacker. His cry cut short as the bones were removed from flesh. The body fading to ash as Henri dropped the bones from his mouth. With enraged eyes, the large Alpha wolf looked to the other attackers.

Erick circled one of his attackers, their eyes locked, and an exchange of gnashing and growls filled their space. Looking beyond the pair, William was holding his own. He had the other vampire firmly by an arm, as his paws sat upon his back. The sound of flesh being rent from the body caught their ears, as William tore the arm from his prey. His howl of excitement was the distraction Erick needed to attack his opponent. His maw held open wide as he lunged forward, taking the neck of his victim firmly in his mouth. The crunch was rapid as he descended on the vampire, feeling his life leave him with the snap.

William had finished off his attacker and joined the other two wolves on the trail, their eyes looking each other over to ensure they were unharmed. Henri's sharp blue eyes peered beyond the trees to the two men at the trucks. Denver held a shotgun firmly in his hand, Everest doing his best to mimic the stance of his father. Henri could smell the fear that pooled the area. It was a short nod, from Denver to Henri and back - yet they both understood.

With a sharp turn, Henri trotted further into the woods. His ears listening closely for the sound of running water. Blood covered their fur, and would also cover their flesh, if they did not clean up. With haste and agility, the trio dipped in and out of the freezing cold water. Half yelps from the chill would escape their mouths as they dove or rolled across the watery stones. Their bodies trembling from the cold waters that ran over them.