"Alright, sleepyhead after this you can take your leave and have a good sleep," I told him because yesterday night he took care of this patient he watched over the night. Now, it's Benjamin turn.

He smiled as we both went to check the patient and meet Benjamin. Overall, the patient is doing great and their blood pressure and heart rate are good.

And then I checked my other patients and talked with them. And check their reports and body.

After, that I came to my office and meet with Mr Steward and his wife as I told them reports are okay. We will operate on it shortly.

Although Laparoscopic surgery may look difficult it is a low-risk, minimally invasive procedure that requires only small incisions. But, one needs to be careful or it may lead to nerve damage or internal bleeding.

After a short time, I was ready as I got into the operation theatre. Stared the surgery within a few hours surgery was done successfully.

We informed Mr and Mrs Smith. They were happy and I once again informed them there will be pain and we will give pain killer through IV.

After surgery as I was done and reported to the hospital. There are no surgeries till Monday. But, I need to check on a few patients and new patients who already made appointments.

I also need to check on the patients of my fellow doctors in the General surgery department and plan the best course of treatments and discuss the treatment plan.

Also, I need to get ready for tonight dinner.

...............................................................

I have already planned with Emma ( the anesthesiologist where I work and also one of my best friends here.)  to go to restaurants and pubs. Maybe get a little extra drunk as we both had no surgery till Monday and Henry is not coming for dinner as he is going for business dinner tonight. (Henry is the head of the neurosurgeon department he is Henry but not the Henry in my department. Both have the same names but different peoples)

We also meet up with other people mostly Emma knows them whether they are higher-ups from the hospital or her friends. I know a few of them and am easy to get along with. I'm always good at meeting new people.

Before, that Emma's going to come to my house. And we planned to together.

........................................

Emma's POV:

Wow! Finally, I'm done. The last operation is done for this week. My next one is next week and I can have some time to relax and enjoy myself.

I have already booked tables and plans for the pub tonight. I just need to call my mother-in-law to take care of the kids. And also need to call the driver to pick up and drop the kids from school at their grandparents home.

My husband is having a business dinner with clients to buy new neurological machines for the hospital. He needs to complete the deal as he is representing the hospital neurological department.

I have already brought my dress for tonight and needs to go to Rachel's penthouse to change and as we planned to together.

I also called the rest of my friends they will be on time for dinner and go home and some will come directly to the pub.

....................................................

Rachel's POV:

I reached my house at 4:30 in the evening and as usual, my house is clean and the maids also made dogs take baths. I don't need to bathe him until he gets smelly next time. I usually have less time.

I gave him treats and he licked my feet asking for him to be petted.

I need to take a hot shower and go relax my muscles. And to get ready for tonight. As Emma will come anytime soon.

An hour later...

Emma came at 6 o'clock and got showered changed into her clothes and did her makeup. I brought my one best wine and gave her.

"So, how was your day?" I asked Emma.

"Good, the operation went well as our cardiothoracic surgeon head did great, what about you? It looks like the hospital president is not willing to let you go" said Emma. Everyone knows that I'm just a guest doctor for joining year. Now, times comes to end all knows about it as till now there is no chief of general surgeon department and I'm famous on the hospital. Most, people want me to stay.

"I said to the president that I need time till Friday to think. I'm thinking of going back mostly to the US. As you know I wanted to go back." I told her what I had in my mind.

I told generally about my divorce and how I gave custody of my child to his father. She's a good friend no a great person also. Always advise me about life and introduce me to her parents and some high ranking people and also she let me meet a few celebrities. She came from a deep background and a powerful family. Her dad has a high ranking position in the government. And her brother is also a politician.

And mostly Emma is a type of friend who is loyal. And we both shares a few interest like we both love wines and foods. We usually visited all the good and best restaurants and hotels in the UK.

"Well, do what you want. Don't hold back if you want to go then go. I'm bloody sure all the top hospitals will welcome you and offer you the best. But, I wish you to stay here. If you go my daughters will miss you a lot." She said and paused for a moment looking at me. As she said about her daughters I smiled they are adorable and well-behaved kids. I usually, love them a lot and take the shop.

"But, if going to son or near you ex-husband you need to know that, what they did to you and don't feel sorry for you son. He needs to grow up and to know what stepmother and people are like. Just, because you gave birth to your son doesn't mean you have to sacrifice your happiness for him. If he loves you and realises his mistake he will come to you. So, don't worry Rachel." She said as she knew that I didn't see him for 2 years.

"I will Emma. I'm planning to see him one time to see how he is doing and I should stay away from them." I said to her. As I know if I go near him again. Most probably he may hate me or his grandmother and stepmother will cause problems for me.

"Good, that how you should be. Don't worry you find will find someone you love and have a loving family. Come, let me introduce you to some hot men tonight and go on a blind date ." She said while making a joke.

As we talked some more while drinking our wine and left for dinner tonight.

...................................

I'm sorry. I will update regularly.

Thanks for waiting.