Chapter 14: Bath

[[ Loki's POV ]]

For the first time since I was here I wake up comfortably. I sit up and stretch out with a yawn. I then brush off a layer of frost that built over my coat. My legs are still blue. I suppose the cold really isn't hurting me physically even if it was still a pain. Looking at my surroundings I see that the wolf is still asleep and notice that the girl from before is gone. There is a trail of prints from her place in the snow leading down by the way of the horse.

I stand up, brush off the snow from my pants and follow the tracks. I stop for a moment and pet the grey horse on the nose before heading on.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I've been following the prints for quite some time. How far has she gone?
The further I walk the warmer it gets and I begin to be surrounded by some fog. Is this...?

As I step out from the brush I see a pool of water, lightly steaming.
A hot spring! Wonderful!

I take off my coat and carry it. Being so close to the springs makes it feel more like a cool summers day than the dead of winter. I set down my coat and kneel down next to the water then take off my shirt and place it on top of the coat so it won't get wet. I cup water into my palms and pour it over my head, combing my fingers through my hair. I am about to take my pants off for a bath, but then I notice a silhouette behind the small waterfall. A lovely silhouette I might add. Now I'm no peeping-tom, but I think I'll have a little fun with this...

[[ Iris' POV ]]

I love this hot spring! Warm and so far from the trail that no one comes to bother me.

"Good morning." I hear a mans voice.

I yell, "Ahh!! Stop! Don't look!" I quickly cover myself with my arms.

"I have no intention to." The voice replies calmly from behind a large rock. I hear the sharp sound of my sword being taken out of the sheath, "You have some nice weaponry here."

"Hey! Stop touching my stuff!" Dang it, my clothes are over there!

"You know I was wondering what a pretty girl like yourself would be doing in such an, apparently dangerous, forest?"

"Nun'ya!"

"Pardon?" I hear my sword being re-sheathed.

"None of your business! Get out of here!"

"What's this? Are these YOUR clothes?"

"Quit it!"
I know he's teasing and that I can snap his neck if he tries anything, but he has to tease me like this?! If I had my clothes I would have punched him or something by now.

"You know I was wanting to get a bath too."

"Well ya gotta wait your turn! Will you hand me my clothes now?!"

The man holds out a towel from behind the rock, "I believe you'll need this first."

I'm surprised that his finally given me a break. I take the towel, "Thanks."
I make my way to the other side of the falls and dry myself off. After wrapping myself in the towel I climb up and walk over the hill and jump a few rocks to cross the river. I peak over the side to look at the man and get my clothes back.

I blush when I notice that he wasn't wearing a shirt. For being so thin and pale he's surprisingly muscular and... looking at my bra!

"HEY!"

[[ Loki's POV ]]

... What is this? A size double D?!

"HEY!"

I drop the lingerie. Oops, I've been caught. I look up with a nervous smirk, "Hello darling."

"Darling? Just give me back my clothes, perv." She smirks as she reaches down so I hand her her belongings.

I hear some shuffling and assume she's dressing. The thought comes to mind, but I don't peak. It would be ungentlemanly of me. That and she's probably keeping covered with the towel anyway.

After a minute she hops down in front of me and picks up her swords, "I suppose I better repay you."

Repay me? What does she mean by tha-

She suddenly gives me a right armed jab to the shoulder.

Ouch! She throws a hard punch. I grunt and rub my bruised arm, "How can something so tiny be so forceful?"

Iris laughs, "Aww, thanks. I've got brothers to tease me and where I live you gotta learn to protect yourself. Besides, you deserved it."

I look at her inquisitively, "Not good living standards?"

She looks up at me, "I wouldn't quite say that, just dangerous really. But if you know how to fight it's all good. Win a few fights and people 'll stop messin with ya."

"I see..." I wonder what this girl has had to live with.

"Oh, don't get the wrong idea! My home isn't all that bad. I guess I've hade a rough upbringing is all. Really I just travel a lot and take work where I can get it. Other than that I just roam about. It's a way of life."

I smirk, "Work, as in demanding stuff from people after battling off dragons?"

The girl laughs again, "Yeah, I guess you could say that."
She punches me in the arm again with as much force as the last, "Now go take your bath Stinky. I'm gonna head back to camp."

I watch Iris as she trots off happily back to the camp site.
She was cute and a little sassy. I just hope that nickname doesn't stick.