You're Not A Monster (Fem Reader)

This is a request from Alyssajj11! Thank you so much for requesting! 

Disclaimer: I don't own any MHA Characters or the image. I own the plot

Warning: Mineta

Key:

(Y/N) = Your Name

(Y/L/N) = Your Last Name

(H/C) = Hair Colour

(E/C) = Eye Colour

(F/B) = Favourite Book

 Transformation quirks were fairly uncommon in Japan; not to say they didn't exist. Out of three types of quirks, they were just the most unusual. The most different. The most difficult to control. People like Eijiro Kirishima, Mount Lady, and Rikido Sato have transformation quirks. They make it look easy to control. Oh, how far from the truth that is...

(Y/N) (Y/L/N) just wanted to be an ordinary girl. She wanted a quirk that was common, like an emitter or mutation quirk. She didn't want a transformation quirk that was so difficult to control. The (H/C) readjusted her school bag and straightened out her uniform before turning to face her mother, "I'm leaving for school now." Her mother offered her a weak smile and walked over to her only daughter, "You'll be okay, sweetheart. Just let them know the real you." "Mom, I'm joining their class three months after school already started. I'm going to be the outcast," she argued, a frown falling onto her lips. "(Y/N), you'll make friends. Besides, you're joining Class 1-A at U.A.! I couldn't be more proud of you!" The sixteen year old sighed, "I wish dad was still here..." Her mother frowned weakly before pulling her into a hug. "I know you do, I do too. You'll always have his quirk to remember him by," she reassured, but she only made her daughter more upset. "Dad was killed because he lost control! What if I do?! What if I...what if I hurt someone..." Tears began to well in (Y/N)'s eyes. Her mother didn't know what to do; she had never heard her daughter sound so distressed. So lost. She looked at her phone, "I have to go, I'll miss my train," she declared, leaving her mother's embrace before walking to the door. "I love you, (Y/N)." "I love you too, mom."

The train ride was silent, allowing the (H/C) the most desired environment to think. 'I won't hurt someone. I've been training with grandpa for the past three months! I can control my quirk...' she reminded herself. With each bump on the road, another worry seeped into her mind, 'But what if I do lose control? I could end up like dad. I don't want to end up like dad... No, I won't. But...No buts! I need to have faith!' After about twenty-five minutes of being on the brink of an anxiety attack, she arrived at her stop. She hastily got off the train and walked along the sidewalk, kicking at a stone in her path. The (H/C) stayed silent as she moved forward, desperately trying to ignore the thoughts screaming at her. Ignore the urge to change. To shift. 'I can't, I need to calm down,' she thought, tears welling in her eyes. Her head stung from desperation; the familiar feeling of shifting starting. "Gotta...breathe..." she whispered, beginning to perform some breathing exercise her grandfather taught her. In her family, her quirk had been passed down from generation to generation. Her great-grandmother had it, then her grandfather, then her father, and now her. She prayed none of her future children would have it; she considered it to be a curse. (Y/N) let out a sigh of relief when not only did the tingling go away, but also realizing she had made it to U.A.. As previously instructed, she went straight to the faculty office, where she met her new teacher, Shota Aizawa.

The two talked until it was time to start class. As soon as the first bell rang, Aizawa walked her to her new classroom. "I'll give you a quick introduction. Then, you'll walk in and introduce yourself," he explained, earning a nod from the (H/C). Her (E/C) eyes trailed his figure as he opened the huge door and walked inside, the originally noisey classroom quieting down. "It is my pleasure to announce we have a new student joining us today. She would've been with us at the beginning of the year, but there were a few complications that needed to be sorted out first," he declared, his tired eyes glancing over at the door. She nodded and took a deep breath before entering the class, keeping her hands clasped behind her back. She stopped moving once she was next to her new teacher, bowing to the other students, "Pleasure to meet all of you. I'm (Y/L/N) (Y/N)." As soon as she stood up straight again, she saw many hands fly up. She ignored them at first and locked eyes with a certain dual-haired boy in the back of the class. She took particular interest in the scar over his left eye, but made a note to not ask him about it; that would just be rude. The boy flushed slightly and looked away from her, confusing her greatly. "Aizawa-sensei, am I supposed to answer questions?" she asked, (E/C) eyes looking up at her teacher. He just waved his hand, "Sure, just don't be loud. I'm gonna sleep," he replied, immediately lying down in a puffy, yellow sleeping bag. "Alright then...questions?" she suggested, now facing her new class.