||13.5||(3)

PAIN OF LOVE lasts a lifetime.

Cooper had heard people say that but he never truly understood the depth of emotions behind it. It was a mere saying for him.

But now that he himself was experiencing the pain of his own heartbreak he understood it in ways he couldn't describe.

The fact that the woman he loved belonged to his soul brother now left a bitter taste in his mouth.

He shook his head and took a glance at the woman sleeping beside him. His wife. Eva.

She was a beautiful woman. But she had no special place in his heart. He had told her that he can never give his heart to her.

Their marriage was for business anyway so technically it didn't matter. It was for parties and for money most importantly.

But he still felt bad and in a way responsible for ruining her life.

Time went on and he finally started accepting Eva as his wife. The memories of Isla started to fade away. They had an amazing sex life, dates on weekends. He gave her everything she wanted.Everything was perfect. Life was perfect.

Until it was not.

Cooper's perception of Eva a sweet,kind-hearted woman flew out of the window when he told her about him not having a share of his father's property and business.

Eva left their shared apartment complex and didn't comeback for months. At first he thought she was just angry that he hadn't told her in the very beginning of their relationship but her dry humping a 60 year old guy told her otherwise.

She didn't talk to him for a year.

She wasn't sad or depressed.

She was healthy,happy and living her life best life.

The proof was the credit card bills he received whenever she swiped his card at an expensive mall or nightclub.

She had moved back to a new apartment with her ex-boyfriend was living a luxurious life with his credit card in her hand.

And Cooper was burning with rage. He couldn't believe appearances could be this deceptive.

He had reached his limit and was about an end to her chapter in his life that's when he saw her.