Help

Fitz! Help! Fitz! FITZ!

Fitz was lying on his bed sobbing his heart out, hugging the plush Albertosaurus Sophie had given him for midterms. He had been doing this for weeks, but it didn't change the fact that Sophie was dead. After the years of searching, the triumph of finding her, dead. Or was she dead? A small part of his brain felt like the screaming voice in his head was real. But how was it possible. No... if there was a chance that Sophie was alive, he would look for her. No matter how long it took him.

Sophie. Fitz thought. Sophie, is that you?

Fitz? Can you hear me? Help. Please. Help.

You're alive? Where are you?

I don't... know. Me and Dex are somewhere... I think we're near a tree? Part of it has green leaves and part of it has flowers and part of it has snow. I'm tired, Fitz... I don't think I can last much longer. Please hurry.

I'm leaving home right now. I'll go looking. I think I might know where the tree is.

Sorry, Fitz. I can't last until you get here... sorry...

Then the mental connection was severed.

"No!" Fitz shouted out loud. "No... no..." He fumbled to put his shoes on and sprinted to the Leapmaster. "Four Seasons Tree!" He yelped desperately, and the crystals spun to life. Agonizing seconds later, a clear crystal dropped into his hand. "Please don't let it be too late..." he moaned, stumbling towards the path of light.

Two figures lay crumpled in a heap under the Four Seasons Tree. A boy with strawberry-blond hair... Dex... and a blonde-haired girl. Sophie. Neither of them were moving a muscle. Despair and panic growing, Fitz pressed his fingers on their wrists, checking their pulses. 

Nothing.

"NO!" Fitz screamed. They were DEAD. The last slivers of hope he'd been clinging to fell away. It couldn't be. They couldn't be dead. No. He kept his thumbs on Sophie and Dex's wrists. Suddenly, there was a gentle but promising thump against his thumb. Fitz's heart leapt. The heartbeats were there. They were faint - so, so faint - but there. That was all he needed. He wrapped some of his concentration around Sophie and Dex, and held up his home crystal. Quick as a flash, they were in Everglen.

"MOM! DAD! HAIL ELWIN!" Fitz hollered.

"Sophie. Sophie. Can you hear me? Squeeze my hand if you can hear me." Two weeks had passed since the day that Fitz had found Sophie, and he was crying again. He wasn't sure if Sophie was still experiencing the side-effects of sedatives, or was in a coma. But there was a soft, comforting squeeze and Fitz immediately dried his tears. "Sophie!" Fitz hugged Sophie gently. He didn't care about anything except that Sophie was awake. Alive. "Fitz?" Sophie asked hoarsely.

Fitz laughed, for the first time in weeks. He had been crying and sniffling all day since Sophie and Dex's funeral, and now the tension and negative general feeling had been lifted. Everything was okay now. It was all fine. Because Sophie Elizabeth Foster was back.

Hey guys!! This story is not original but the next ones will be. This is adapted from KOTLC book 1, as you should know if you've read the books.  I basically just added in little details that I invented. OOPSSSSSS anyways see you in the next storyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy