Chapter 3: Gratitude, What's That?

After breakfast, Wilt was still wondering about the situation that happened earlier this morning, he couldn't pinpoint the exact reason why Bloo was acting hyper to the point where Mr Herriman's patience was starting to wear thin. Nobody is going to be happy if they were to have multiple permanent stitches on their faces, along with a stubby left arm and a deformed left eye. How come Bloo, of all imaginary friends, felt like he's on cloud 9 after he switched bodies with Wilt? Wilt was intrigued to find out.

"Would you mind telling me why were you dancing happily in your room in the morning? I apologize if I come off as rude to you for asking this."

Bloo, who often acts impulsively, twitched. He didn't expect Wilt to remember the events that happened this morning. In his head, he was probably wishing for Wilt to forget about the embarrassing dance routine.

"Oh, you mean that? I was just er... practicing my dance moves for er... the talent show at Mac's school! He said his school will be hosting a talent show next week and I am invited to dance with him together." answered Bloo, while feeling a little bit uneasy.

Wilt paused while staring at Bloo without blinking, which made Bloo even more nervous. Drops of sweat kept dripping over Bloo as he was trembling with fear. He tried to look away from Wilt and stare at the wall instead, hoping that his swiftly made lie was enough to persuade Wilt into thinking that he really had a talent show to attend with Mac.

"I see, Bloo. Thank you for the answer." said Wilt.

Bloo was very relieved Wilt actually believed him and replied, "Not a problem."

Wilt grinned with delight and said, "You know? Talk about perfect timing. Since you're in my body, you can perform even more spectacular dance moves with those long legs."

"Really? Sweet!" said Bloo.

"There's still this one thing I have to address to you, though. I'm sorry but please hear me out on this one." said Wilt.

Bloo rolled his eyes and responded, "What now? I have many things I want to do today!"

"You see, since we two are the only ones who knew that we switched bodies, it would be wise for us to keep this as a secret to everybody else. Mac can be the exception because you need to work it out with him regarding the talent show next week. Therefore, is it okay if you can act more like me from this day forward until we find a solution to change our bodies back?" asked Wilt.

"Does that mean I have to be nice to everyone else and help them whenever they're in trouble, just like what you always do?" questioned Bloo.

"Exactly."

At first, Bloo seemed down because being nice and helpful was against his nature. Never in a million years would he be willingly lend a helping hand to someone else. However, it may not be that bad after all. He wanted to be praised, wanted to be more appreciated by others. Bloo agreed to Wilt's request.

"That's great to hear." said Wilt.

After that, Bloo poked Wilt's forehead, seemingly teasing him. Wilt was caught off guard by his behavior and said, "I'm sorry but that is rude of you to do that."

"Yeah whatever. Anyways, if you think I should act more like you to avoid suspicion. You should do the same and act more like me. It's only fair, you know?" said Bloo.

Wilt was very disappointed in himself. He didn't think that one through. He totally forgot he had to do his part too along with Bloo in order for this plan to work. He was at a loss for words, he had no clue how to counteract this argument. That's because what Bloo just said is true.