Chapter 13: Pinky Promise

Start from the beginning

He pulled her close, wrapping around his arms around the sister of the girl he used to love body. In that moment, Ashley finally felt a small bit of comfort and she didn't feel lonely. She didn't like him, like him but he was the comfort she needed right now.

Ben's warm embrace comforted Ashley. She didn't want him to let go.

…..

Meanwhile…

Grace Bowman was searching down the hallways and asking every person she could possibly saw if they have seen Ben. She needed to talk to him and apologize for acting the way she has been.

She didn't mean to act like that to him, but it was un-controllable. She realized it wasn't his fault, it was no ones fault but her own for having sex and the way she took it out on Ben, it was uncalled for.

She knew that he asked her and she agreed but she felt like maybe it would bring her closer to him, but all it did was bring back the memories of her father dieing and her first time with Jack. She hated those memories and she felt like, maybe if she didn't have sex she wouldn't feel them.

That night, she felt closer to Ben which she was scared to do. She's been hurt before. She connected with him and she truly enjoyed herself on that one night and for all nights with him for that matter. She felt free, happy, loved and special but afterwards she felt bad.

She didn't want to have sex again and it was a promise she made herself, but she broke it and taking it out on Ben was wrong.

She was trying to find him so she could apologize and explain everything.

She turned the corner, and stopped dead in her track at the sight she saw.

There stood Ben, holding Ashley lovingly and they looked like a couple.

Grace felt her heart sink.

Her stomach drop.

Her heart shatter.

Her tears fall.

Her hopes of ever getting back with Ben and apologizing, became out of reach.

Anne and lay upon their beach house deck, holding pina-coladas and starring out into the ocean. The sight was beautiful. The wooden deck that was on the top floor gave the view of the light blue ocean and the sand that lay at the bottom of the beach house.

"I feel guilty." Anne pouted her lips and took a drink of her pina-colada.

"About what!" George asked. He was enjoying this.

"That we left behind the girls and John." Anne looked over at George and gave him the puppy eyes.

"Oh no! No way! I am not sending them here! This is you and me." George fought against the puppy dog eyes. He has been with her too long, he can resist them now. When they first met and got married, Anne got everything she wanted with those eyes.

"Don't forget Robbie." she added as she looked back at the view. Robbie was asleep inside. A long day at the beach did that to you.

"Of course. This trip was so we could talk and see where we were in our relationship. I also used this trip to get you to marry me. Ha, ha, ha." George said victorious.

"No one said I was marrying you George." Anne looked away and crossed her arms like a child.

"Oh Anne, dearest Anne. You know you love me and I love you. So let's pack up, grab Robbie and head to Vegas! Hell, I'd even get married in this city!" George pointed around. Anne laughed.

"Nice try George. If things so well, I will seriously consider it." she announced her final decision.

Ricky was cleaning his apartment for the first time in awhile. He figured it was time seeing as he was probably going to have John this week and have Amy over though he hasn't asked her. He dropped the broom and went over to the phone and dialled Amy's number.