Good things come in Threes

Start from the beginning

Nik saw his chance, rushing down to intercept Arthdal.

This left Xander as he watched his faery sit at the bar and lay his head down on the table. Even from afar, it was clear the man was downcast.

Who could leave such a person to wallow like that alone?

***

Qin Rong was disappointed. Greatly so. Monumentally so! Astronomically so!!

Why? Because he was now stuck with blue balls and a questionable temptation that threatened to take hold.

That guy, the prince of shades or whatever, had actually kissed him. Worse yet, Qin Rong responded. Had his hands been free, he was sure he would have pulled that bastard closer and fucked him.

Knowing this and accepting it was, so far, the hardest part. It was mortifying to know that he had actually been attracted to some guy whose face he hadn't even seen.

He once again cursed his eyes, apparently not meant to see in the dark even as they glowed in shadows.

Useless genes.

He then briefly wondered if his fae blood had anything to do with his reaction. While he couldn't find a lot of information on the Fae, the one thing he'd learned through trial and error was that they loved magic.

While most people had average magic flowing through them, Qin Rong often found himself drawn to those with deep wells of magic flowing through them. Before he could even think, he'd be drawn to that person, which always made things difficult.

Heck, that attraction to powerful magic users was how he'd been roped in by Arthdal and Ghost, to begin with.

Ah, being in this world has been nothing but trouble. He thought with a sigh.

He thought he could just sit there, waiting for his designated escort to take him home when he sensed someone drawing closer.

Someones with a damnably attractive level of magic.

Before he could think better of it, Qin Rong peeked from his wallowing to see a dark skin man staring down at him with a deep look.

"May I buy you a drink?" He offered, taking the seat beside Qin Rong. His tone was smooth and even, slipping into his ears so gently, he might have never noticed how much he would be looking forward to hearing it again.

Yet Qin Rong was stronger than that.

"Do I look like someone you can use such lame pick-up lines on?" He snapped back, glowering at the hatefully attractive guy. Damn, he had a lot of magic~ Still, Qin Rong kept his resolve. "Just cause I'm drunk, doesn't mean I'm stupid."

Xander chuckled, feeling his heart flutter even as his Fae cursed at him. How could he not when he was so happy?

"I never said you were." He assured, flagging down the bartender. After receiving his order of two glasses of water, he slid it toward the mercenary. "But you do look like you could use a glass of water. Elsewise, you might find that you later bleed 90 proof."

Qin Rong was a boisterous guy in general, though he tried to maintain a cool image in both his lives. But that statement tore a burst of laughter from him. The bartender and the few patrons still nearby jumped at the sound but Xander just smiled serenely.

Rong was too cute.

"Now that would be a way to go. I'd be a living keg." He chuckled, taking the cup. His smile was light and easy, easing the tension Xander didn't even know he felt. "I'll take you up on that water, bro."