"I missed almost a decade of your life, Sam. All the mom and daughter things we could've done. Please indulge me a little, huh?" She did the puppy eyes thing. I just couldn't refuse.

"Okay," I sighed.

"Great!" She clapped, expressing her enthusiasm.

"So choose your planting space."

I went to a section of the yard where I felt my flower would look really cute and it was directly facing my room window so I could stare at my creation whenever I wanted.

"There's no sun there, honey. Choose another space," she said.

I moved to another space and she said the same thing. Three different spots and I still didn't get the right one. My patience was already as thin as a georgette piece of clothing.

"Why don't you just pick a space for me?"

"Where's the fun in that?" She chuckled.

"Mom!"

"What?"

"Stop playing, please."

"Sweetie, you could've just picked a space where I have my beds."

True.

I walked back to her side and knelt beside her. I already had knee pads and gloves on but I knew I was going to be covered in dirt after we were done. She explained what I had to do and I set to work. She already dug up flower beds and we were using nursery plants so it wasn't as tasking as planting seeds from scratch. I dug the hole the same height as that of the soil of the plant and placed the young flower in the hole.

"Water deeply, sweetie, so your roots can grow the right way. You don't want shallow roots," she pointed at the sides I needed to water from and instructed me on how much water I was to add until it was enough.

"All done!" I beamed at my work.

"Not bad for a first time," my mom smiled.

"Or you mean really good for the first time," I huffed. "By the way, what do you do with these plants?"

There were lots of pots around the yard. Filled with different types of flowers. I was only familiar with flowers used in decorating but my knowledge wasn't as broad.

"I sell them."

"Whoa! Are you serious?"

"Yeah," she laughed at my shocked reaction. "Just on a small scale though. Sheriff bought some last month. I got Miss Geneva's order ready that'll go out next week after I do the last trimming. Took some to Gray's."

"That's really good!"

"I know. I started it as a pastime. I didn't expect people to love it. It warms my heart to see people interested in what I create."

Her smile was what warmed my heart. She really was happy and content doing what she loved.

"So when are you meeting up with the Callaghan's?"

"Next week. Rachel said to take a week to settle in and that she'd hate to burden me with work on my first week."

"Okay. That's okay," She sighed.

"What's on your mind?"

"Nothing."

"There's something, mom. Tell me."

"Uhm... I was... was just wondering if you were back for good. You know, we all missed you and I'd hate to see you leave again," a cloud of sadness settled over her.