Prologue

"Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale."
—Unknown

Brent's POV

The service area was coming together quite nicely. Two huge white Roman-themed flower vases filled with calla lilies stood at the entrance on both sides of the aisle. The stage was set up already under Sam's tutelage and I couldn't think of any other detail that could be added to the magnificent decor that stood under a low falling tree branch. A white burlap aisle runner started from the entrance and ran through the walkway to the stage with small pots of flowers on either side of the aisle. A festoon of flowers beautified the stage with decorative lights wrapped around the curve. The sun kissed the earth sweetly with enough light that produced the iconic golden glow. The grass had been trimmed low prior to the event and was in its greenest form ever. Servers carried loads of trays from the catering van to their set up at the left side of the yard where the buffet stand was. Trays of chicken, salads, meat balls, pasta, mashed potatoes with lobster, finger foods, cup cakes, sweets were on display on the long table. My stomach rumbled in anticipation as I stared at the heavenly varieties.

Rachel's voice boomed across the yard as she bossed the decorators around and made them measure the distance between two chairs to be sure that they were exactly three feet apart. The exhausted look on their faces wasn't hard to miss. It was expected after working all night.

"She's scary, man." Drew muttered from beside me, soaking in all the activity going on in the once empty yard space. It was amazing how an unattractive massive expanse of greenery had been transformed into a breathtaking wedding space with a main service area and a reception.

My eyes scanned the yard in search of one person. I often wondered how someone could slay in sweats, baggy shirts and messy buns the same as in dinner gowns. It was funny how she went about her job oblivious to the heat building up in my groin from just staring at her. Her work was important to her. She had left no stone unturned even to checking the weather forecast to see if there was going to be any weather drama even though it was summer. I tore my eyes away from her and to the kids before the bulge in my trouser grew any further. Darren and Doris giggled as they raced each other across the yard, from one end to the other. Doris had her hair slicked back in a smooth ponytail with ribbons. Darren was in a kids tuxedo and he looked just like Drew when he was younger. His hair had also been smoothed back and I wondered just how much gel it would have taken to make his wild curls sleep.

"It's almost time," Drew informed me, turning to head back into the house. "Let's go see Javier. I'm sure the fucker is a ball of nerves by now."

The statement made me laugh. I pictured Macho, cool, calm and collected sports therapist as a nervous wreck and I laughed even more. Both images didn't go side by side but it was how Javi really was when we met him. Dude was sweating bullets and pellets as he paced from one side of the room to the other.

"Relax, man. You look good," I smiled.

"You think? I was thinking the shirt was a bit big. Look, the hands seem saggy," he held his sleeves out.

Drew rolled his eyes. "I'd give you a shot but Rachel warned me against it."

"She practically threatened you, man," I laughed.

Drew frowned. "Whatever. She is aware of how I'm wrapped around her tiny little finger and uses that shit to her advantage."

"What did she threaten you with though?" Javi asked.

"Sex."

"Oh... okay. Okay," he nodded his head. "I hope Freya never does that shit to me. I think I'll go crazy," he laughed.