chapter 17

Khushi was doing her homework when she heard her cellphone beeping beside her... She took it in her hands and smiled seeing Arnav's name flashing on it... She answered it immediately...

Khushi: hello Arnav...

Arnav: are you sleeping?

Khushi: yes... I am sleep talking, you see... (she said sarcastically)

Arnav: ok... I have something important to tell you...

Khushi: then, tell me...

Arnav: I want to meet you...

Khushi: then meet me...

Arnav: you should come down then...

Khushi: what? Are you here...? at 10 p.m.? (she said while glancing at her watch)

Arnav: yes... I am waiting in this chilly weather alone for your arrival... What if someone kidnaps me?

Khushi rolled her eyes to that... She kept her books away and got down the sofa to meet Arnav...

Khushi: then ask those kidnappers to call me after that happens... I need to appreciate them for kidnapping you...

Arnav: and here I thought you would try to save me like a good friend...

Khushi: you meant I should save you like a knight in the shining armor...?

Arnav: oh don't drag it please... I am not saying I am a damsel in distress... I just want to check your loyalty as a friend which reads 0 on the scale, right now...

By the time he finished his sentence, Khushi reached down already and was facing him... She spoke to him directly after ending the call...

Khushi: Arnav... You still here?? I thought you were already kidnapped by someone and was expecting a call shortly... (she acted surprise)

Arnav: so funny... (he mocked while placing his cell in his pocket)

Khushi: what to do... I couldn't stop myself from having fun after seeing you here...

Arnav: I am here with a good news and it seems like you don't want to hear it...

Khushi: don't tell me you are pregnant... (Khushi deadpanned)

Arnav grimaced at those words...

Arnav: you just didn't say that, did you? (he said in disgust)

Khushi: It's okay, Arnav... I mean, it's not possible when we see through science...

Before she could continue, Arnav cuts her off...

Arnav: no, it's not possible even if we see through anything... (Arnav finished it off)

Khushi(giggling): ok ok, Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada... Let's get inside first and hear your good news...

Khushi turned around expecting Arnav to follow her but she heard him protest before she could even take a step...

Arnav: I can't...

Khushi(turning back to him): what? (she asked confused)

Arnav: I still didn't learn rolling rotis because I was busy...

Khushi took few seconds to understand what he was saying... So, he took his words seriously when he said that he would be perfect in rolling rotis in his next visit to her apartment... He said that in his previous visit after she made fun of his irregular roti rolling... She forgot about that already but guess he didn't...