chapter 7

Khushi hissed when Arnav applied antibiotic to the cut after cleaning it... Arnav looked at her but immediately concentrated on her wound again... He started speaking while tending to her...

Arnav: you are lucky that the cut is not deep... Why did you even involve in that fight...? You could have handled it in an other way till we arrived...

Khushi's calm went down hearing his reply... She immediately withdrew her hand making Arnav look at her...

Khushi: what do you mean by that?? You think, a woman always needs a man for her protection... Should she always have him beside her and if not, she should wait for his arrival...?

Arnav understood that Khushi was getting into defensive mode which he least wanted at this point of time...

Arnav(holding Khushi's hand again): I didn't mean that... I mean, you are only one and if we had arrived, there would have been more members to fight against those goons...

Khushi: I myself was enough for them...

Arnav(smiling while bandaging her cut): yeah, I could see the result...

Khushi withdrew her hand again...

Khushi: stop taunting me... I could have handled even in your absence... By the way, I have fought with them only to save your friend... Instead of thanking me, you are busy in taunting... I am done here... My wound also got treated... So, I am leaving...

Saying that, Khushi turned to go but Arnav was fast enough to hold her elbow and make her turn to face him again... Both shared an eyelock before Arnav spoke again...

Arnav: thanks... (he muttered making Khushi hear his words completely)

Khushi stopped her struggle and looked into his eyes...

Arnav: thanks for helping Lavanya, Khushi... I know, you are a courageous girl... I know, you could save yourself... but I am just worried... I said those words because... I was worried... for you... I don't doubt your capabilities but I couldn't just ignore those goons...

Arnav explained neatly and Khushi let out a deep breathe... She withdrew her hand slowly from his hold and stood straight...

Arnav: come on, I will drop you at your place...

Khushi: no... I will go... My scooty is still here...

Arnav: you will see it before your flat, next morning... Now come with me... Please... (he added)

Khushi doesn't know how she went on agreeing with whatever Arnav said... She accepted his help and stepped inside his car... There was complete silence for a while...

Arnav: Thank God you have accepted or else... (he stopped)

Khushi: or else?? (she questioned back)

Arnav(smiling): or else I would have waited till you accept... Otherwise, who could fight with a dangerous woman like you...

Khushi gave an angry glare and turned to watch outside the window...

Arnav: what happened?? Didn't like my compliment? What if I say both dangerous and beautiful?? (he started flirting gaining Khushi's attention again)

Arnav: now what? You want me to praise you more...?

Khushi: seriously... Tell me, you have any problem with your brain...? Few minutes before, you were very hot tempered, ordering your friends, hitting those goons and scolding Lavanya and NK... and now... You started flirting?? You are unbelievable...

Khushi complained while Arnav chuckled... He stopped his car and suddenly hovered upon Khushi making her head move back with his... Arnav stared into her eyes with a mischievous smile before answering...