chapter 3

Khushi entered the hall where all the first year students are supposed to be there... She chose a vacant seat and took her seat... There is a speech by a famous doctor which got specially scheduled for first years... The speaker didn't arrive yet...

Khushi took her notes out so that she could note any important points... but her thoughts got settled on her mission... She had to start her mission of finding the culprit behind her sister's death... But how to start?? She was busy thinking how to get the information about Gunjan and the people who were close to her... By the way, Akash is one of them, isn't he?? How should she proceed now??

Khushi was in her own thoughts when she heard a voice...

'hello... ', Khushi heard the voice...

She turned her face to her side only to find a lady whom she could identify as one of her classmates...

'hi... I am Payal... ', the lady introduced herself with a smile...

Khushi returned the smile and she too gave her introduction...

'I am Khushi... '

Payal: Wow... Khushi... means happiness... Good name...

Khushi just smiled... Happiness?? That got lost along with her sister, Gunjan...

Payal again interrupted her thoughts...

Payal: by the way, I am sorry...

Khushi(raising her eyebrows): why??

Payal: you know, my mother told me that it is wrong even to not raise voice against injustice and today, I have done the same... That professor was scolding you without any mistake of yours and I could do nothing... (Payal pouted)

For the first time, after years, Khushi smiled heartily...

Khushi: Though you wish to do something, you could hardly raise your voice against a professor, Payal... and that too before a misogynist...

Payal: what?? That professor is a misogynist??

Khushi nodded her head and Payal continued...

Payal: now I understand why he behaved so rudely in the class... I am sure, his wife must have eloped with an other guy unable to bear his torture and that is why, he hates woman... What do you say??

Khushi could only see herself in Payal... but it was two years ago... She used to be in the same way... chirpy, talkative and full of masthi types...

Khushi(smiling): might be...

Payal: might be?? I am sure, it would be the reason... (saying that, Payal starts laughing again)

Khushi could do nothing but remember her sweet moments which she spent with Gunjan in the same way... How she used to make fun of every incident and how Gunjan used to warn her not to talk ill about people...

Payal(interrupting Khushi's thoughts): so, let's be friends... (she extends her hand)

Khushi could feel a strong bond between them already... She completed the handshake with a smile... This is going to be the first bond she formed after Gunjan's death...

Payal(smiling): wow... Great...

Just then the news that the speaker would be arriving there in few minutes got spreaded over and the hall became silent...

Payal: I hope, he makes this session lively and not boring...

Khushi: I know, he is a well-known doctor... So, he will definitely speak something useful...