Ch. 1

New school. New beginning. I took a deep breath and began to put on my outfit. I wanted to look good, but not too good. I put on my new high waisted jean shorts, with a pink short sleeved crop top. I slipped on my pink vans, and applied my makeup. I just put on mascara and eyeliner. Not too much, not too little. Then I grabbed my phone, my backpack, and a granola bar and headed out the door. I had to walk to school. I mean, it was only two blocks, but it was my first day. It would've been nice if my mom drove me.

Once I arrived at the school, I headed to the guidance office. My counselor was waiting for me.

"You must be Christina! The sophomore?" She asked.

"That's me.." I replied.

"Well, here's your schedule. And let me find someone to show you around...Oh! Carly! Do you mind showing her around?" My counselor asked, calling a tall, long brown haired girl over.

"Of course! No problem!" She said sweetly.

She seemed nice.

It was just the two of us now. I folded my arms near my stomach. I always did that when I felt nervous.

"Well as she said before, I'm Carly! What's your name?" She asked

"Christina." I replied

"No way! I have a sister named Christina. It's a good name. It suits you." She smiled.

"Thanks.." I muffled.

"Well...anyways..let me see your schedule. I'll show you around." She said, looking over at my schedule.

"I have first period with you! Honors English." She explained.

After she showed me around to my classes, I realized we had three classes together. English, biology, and lunch.

We walked into Honors English, and I immediately got a knot in my stomach. All eyes were glued on me. We must've been late.

"Sorry.." I giggled nervously.

"No apologies needed. Why don't you introduce yourself to the class? If you'd like." The teacher asked.

I was shaking. I hated speaking in front of everyone.

"Hi...uh I'm Christina. I just moved here from Los Angeles...and ya." I explained.

"LA! Where all the hot girls come from." I heard a voice say in the back of the classroom, followed by everyone laughing.

"That's enough Matthew." I heard the teacher announce.

So his name is Matthew. I caught his glance once I realized who he was. He was surely something. Attractive, tall, and did I mention he had the face of a model? He even kind of looked like Justin Bieber. He noticed me staring at him and he winked at me, chuckling and talking to his friends after.

I tried my best to stay calm, but that wink was killing me. He was just so hot. Eventually class started, and I felt a sharp object hit the back of my head.

"Ow!" I screeched. A pencil had been thrown at my head.

"Sorry babe. I didn't try to hit you." Matthew said, smirking.

I stared at him intensely. That wasn't funny.

"What new girl? Can't keep your eyes off me I see?" Matthew smiled.

"I have a name. And I can't keep my eyes off the jerk who just threw a pencil at my head. You're so immature." I stated.

Woah. I just stood up for myself. I never did that. At least not often.

"Dang, new girl's a little feisty. No worries, I like feisty girls." Matt spoke, winking at me again.

"Too bad I don't like you." I shot back, leaving him speechless.

But that was a lie. Matthew was too hard not to like.