Ch 11

It was Sunday night and I still couldn't fall asleep. Matt was on my mind consistently. He hadn't called or texted me, which got me agitated. Was I just another little game?

Before I knew it, I was asleep and waking up to my alarm.

I put on some jeans and a sweatshirt with my vans and headed to school. I was excited but also kind of nervous to see Matt. I mean, the kiss, it was amazing. And he was amazing. But what if he forgot about it already? I wouldn't be surprised.

I grabbed my stuff from my locker as I felt someone wrap their arms around my stomach and kiss my cheek. My immediate thought was Matt.

But when I turned around, it was Michael.

My eyes widened.

"Michael get off me. Now." I said sternly.

"Look, Christi, I'm sorry. I was drunk okay? Can't you give me another chance?" He pleaded.

"No. Never. Maybe by me telling you this, you'll change and learn you can't take advantage of girls. You're disgusting. I don't care if you were drunk, you still did it." I explained.

"I wasn't thinking straight. Come on!" He yelled.

"No. I will not give you another chance. I'm sorry. Now please, just leave me alone. Otherwise I will tell someone about what you almost did." I whispered before walking away.

I saw Matt walking down the hall with his black sweatshirt, khakis and black vans. You wouldn't think he looks like a bad boy, but that's what everyone considered him is our school. It was kind of weird.

He winked at me before walking away with his other friends, leaving me dumbfounded.

I know I shouldn't have been upset, but I expected him to do more than that. I mean, he talked about how much he liked me, and all he could give me was a wink? He does that to every girl.

I shook it off and walked into English, waiting for him to arrive.

He eventually did, and I smiled.

"Hey" I smiled.

"Hey" He said back, simply.

C'mon, he says more than that to any girl.

I sighed silently, trying not to look hurt.

Why was he acting like this?

He plopped down in his seat, and talked with his friends, as I sat silently wondering.

We had this week left to work on the project, and then we were done.

What if Matt and I just stopped talking after this?

I didn't want that to happen.

After we talked about grammar, it was time to leave.

The bell rang, and Matt didn't say bye, or anything at all.

Maybe he didn't actually like me.

--

I was at my locker, grabbing my lunch when I felt someone wrap their arms around me.

This was the second time today.

I turned to see Matt.

I was dying happily inside, but I tried to act like I was upset.

"Come here." He said, grabbing my hand and taking me into an empty hallway.

He pushed me up against the wall and pressed his lips onto mine, cupping his hands around my face.

I wanted to keep kissing him, but I also wanted answers.

I pushed him away.

"What?" He asked.

"Why have you been avoiding me the whole day? You can't just come and kiss me like everything is fine. So why haven't you talked to me?" I asked.

"I did. I winked, and said hey." He laughed, and he knew he was getting on my nerves.

"Matt..." I whined.

"Fine. I just figured you'd want to kiss me more right now if I didn't say much." He smiled.

"Why would you think that?" I asked, annoyed.

"I don't know I thought you would. So are you going to admit you wanted me to kiss you this morning?" He said, smirking.

"Yes and you didn't so you got me upset." I admitted.

"Well I'm here now.." He flirted.

"I have to go to lunch-" I started, but he pushed his lips back onto mine again.

He spoke against my lips,

"Lunch can wait right?"

"Mhm" I muttered.

He moved his hands down to my waist and started to kiss my neck.

He sucked on it softly, moving his lips to a different place every couple seconds.

I have never experienced this before, and let me just say, it was a good feeling.

He moved up to my lips again and pushed his tongue into my mouth aggressively.

So here we were, sitting in the hall, kind of making out.

"M-Matt-" I whispered.

"Hmm?" He said, still kissing me.

I pulled away.

"We should probably get to lunch now." I laughed.

"'Cuz you're too innocent to skip lunch." He teased.

"No. Because I'm hungry." I stated, truthfully.

"Fine. I'll see you later. I'm gonna go out for lunch with the guys." He said, kissing my cheek softly.

"I'll see you later tonight? Which house?" I questioned.

"Come to mine babe. I'll see ya." He said, leaving.

I walked to the cafeteria, and sat next to Carly.

"Hey where have you been?" She asked.

"Long story.." I answered, trying to not blush.

A couple seconds later, she gasped.

"What?" I asked nervously.

"A hickey?" She whispered.

Oh shoot. I forgot about that. I didn't even know I had one.

"What? Where?" I whispered, frantically.

"Um, there's like three..." Carly said.

"Shoot." I shouted, and we rushed to the bathroom.

"You're lucky I always bring extra makeup to school." Carly smiled.

"Thank you." I mumbled.

She applied concealer until I looked like I didn't have one.

"So... Are you going to tell me who gave you this?" She asked, looking at me intently.

"Uhh...Ya. It was Matt." I said, a little nervous to see her response.

"Matt?! Espinosa?!" She screamed.

"Yes, him. We kind of are like, I don't know what we are." I admitted.

"Please don't tell me he already got in your pants." She prayed.

"What? No! I would never let him. He's actually really sweet. It's a long story but I'll tell you later. Okay?" I questioned.

"Ya okay. But sweet?" She wondered, surprised.

"Ya, I know. I was shocked too. But yes, he actually can be really sweet." I said.

"Okayyy." She told me, a little confused.

We went back to lunch, and after that, the last three periods went by fast.

Now I had to go to Matt's. And I was actually pretty nervous.

I don't want to do something to make him not like me.