Ch. 4

I refused to give Matt attention the whole class period. That was until the last five minutes of class were left.

"Cheer up babe. You're stuck with me, whether you like it or not. But I know you like it." Matt whispered.

"So, let's meet at my house tonight at 6:30, okay?" Matt asked.

I finally answered.

"No, my house. I don't want to even step foot into your house." I said, sassily.

"Woahh..okay. Easy tiger. I know you really want me to come over and everything, but don't act so desperate." Matt laughed, touching my cheek.

I swatted it away.

"You wish. See you at 6:30, pest." I scoffed

"I will indeed, CJ." Matt smirked.

My head flew back around.

"What did you call me?" I asked.

"CJ. It's your initials. A cute little nickname for a cute good girl. Is that okay baby?" He asked, laughing at his words.

"Nothing is "okay baby", but you won't take no for an answer, so there's no point in fighting with you." I said, angrily.

"Aw, you are so darn cute. I don't mind a little cat fight." Matt spoke.

I had to bite my tongue, literally, from keeping myself from smacking him silly.

The bell rang, finally...and I headed off to my other classes.

---
At lunch, I met up with Carly, and we sat with her friends. I talked to her about Matt, and what he did to me this morning.

"He did what?!" Was her reaction to him brushing his lips against mine.

"Ya, he did. And my heart was practically beating out of its chest. I mean, he has a way of getting girls so nervous." I explained.

"Hey, at least it's a good nervous. I wouldn't mind if he kissed me. I mean cmon, look at him!" Carly exclaimed.

"Ya, but look at his personality. He flirts with everyone." I said.

"Actually, he really doesn't. I mean, ya a wink here and there, but not much more. I think bad boy espinosa has got a thing for good girl janski." She winked.

"Oh SHUTUP! He does not. He's just being a pain, that's all.." I admitted.

"Whatever you say...but I've known him longer and I think he likes you. I mean did you see him in class today?" She asked.

"No, what happened?" I questioned.

"Well, when you and him were paired together, he started blushing, while you were freaking out. I swear I saw him smiling for like 5 seconds straight. And then he became the annoying pain he is and said "even better."" Carly said.

I shook my head in disbelief.

That meant nothing.

I mean, Matt couldn't like me.

Right?