thirteen ✿ for your life

ABNORMALLY LOUD STAGE WHISPERS and the distinctive sound of someone smacking someone's head, confirmed by an expression of pain on the part of the smacked, greet Evangeline's ears as she trots down the stairs towards the noise

ABNORMALLY LOUD STAGE WHISPERS and the distinctive sound of someone smacking someone's head, confirmed by an expression of pain on the part of the smacked, greet Evangeline's ears as she trots down the stairs towards the noise. "Grandma?" she calls at the suspicious lack of people in the house, despite the evidence for the contrary.

As she turns the corner into the kitchen, she jumps in surprise and the sight of her four friends, grabbing onto the bannister of the stairs as the group laughs at her reaction. "It's not funny, guys, I could have died."

As she slowly recovers, an ear-splitting happy bastille day! yelled by Eric at the head of the long table pierces the air. Hyde smacks his head and Eric whines, "Stop hitting me, man!" his voice cracking slightly at the end.

          "Happy birthday!" Fez and Jackie chorus. Fez is wearing a funny cone-shaped hat on his head and Jackie keeps glancing at Hyde and then the cake then Hyde again as he approaches the blonde with the perpetual look of surprise on her face.

"Surprise," Hyde says as he walks over to her and presses his lips to hers.

Jackie groans and covers her eyes, ignoring the sick feeling in her stomach. "Ew, can you not? I don't feel like throwing up today."

Fez shoves Jackie's head away and shakes his hands out towards them urging them to keep going. "Don't listen to her! Keep going! Hyde, grab her boob!" He continues to shout gross suggestions until Hyde reaches over and flicks his nose, causing him to cry owie like a little child.

Hyde turns back to his girl, giving her a tiny smile. He pecks her on the lips again and then wraps his arm around her shoulder.

"Y'all did this for me?" Evie takes a looks round the room at the decorations and the cake, sparse as they may be, and she starts to tear up. Before long, she's full-on crying with no indication of stopping anytime soon. The group glance nervously at each other, wondering what they did. "I—I don't know what to say!"

"Evie, are you okay?" Hyde brushes away a tear running down her cheek, only for it to be replaced by another one immediately after. "What is it?"

"It's just—no one's ever done anything like this for me before," Evangeline says, gesturing to everything they've set up.

Eric screws up his face and shakes his head slightly. "It's just a cake? What—you've never had one of those before?"

Evangeline sniffles, wiping her eyes as she takes a deep breath in an attempt to calm herself. Hyde lets his arm fall, reaching for his hand with his and lacing their fingers together. "No, not really."