chocolate milk.

This chapter is dedicated to @xbi-childx for motivating me to write more. Hope you like this chapter! :)

James was mumbling complaints under her breath as she pulled on her shoes and tied them. Today had been her day off and she had just started to rewatch Glee again when Rosa called her asked her to come in help her organise some evidence as Gina had been ordering it by 'perp hotness'.

Even though She hadn't know Rosa for more than a few weeks James can't say no to her and that's what led to her grabbing her bag and putting it over her shoulders and taking the bus to work.

-------------------

James walked out of the lift and overheard Jake talking to the Sarge." Sarge, I'm every kind of friend. I'm Phoebe, I'm Chandler, I'm Rachel,-I'm...Whos the dinosaur guy?"He asked and just before the Serge can answer James walked past."Ross."She said before walking past them towards the evidence room.

On her way there Amy stopped her and told her they had a semi-meeting with holt in his office."Oh great." she mumbled before following her.

------------------

When The two women walked in Holt nodded in their directions."Ah, detective Mason, I thought it was your day off?" Holt asked as he saw her

"It is but Rosa asked for my help with rearranging the evidence and I didn't mind."Was James' answer. Holt just nodded and started speaking.

"The new NYPD commissioner is planning a complete reorganization of the force. But first, he'll be sending a deputy chief to every precinct to conduct a top to bottom evaluation."Holt explained and not even a second later Amy spoke up panicked.

"What, when? Are we gonna be graded or is this just some pass/fail garbage?"She asked which made James look at her." She normal like this with tests?"She asked Boyle or Rosa, as she was in between them."Yeah but you get used to it."Boyle answered her.

"Scale of one to five," Holt answered unfazed as usual

"That's how many letter grade there are. Feels like they're just being weird using numbers instead of letters." Amy spoke up again."Oh, you hate the way we grade our exams back in England then."James told her smirking a bit.

Before Amy could speak again Rosa did."Yeah, they're being weird right now."

After that comment, Holt gave them their tasks."Boyle, Diaz, Mason, I want the evidence room organized beyond reproach. Santiago, when I greet the deputy chief, I want you there by my side to make a good impression. No offence, but you are something of a teacher's pet."Their Captain said which made James laugh but covered it up with a cough and hid her face in Rosas's shoulder.

"None taken! People love their pets." Amy proudly spoke. Rosa Looked over at her like she was mental while Charles was like James but more silent in trying not to laugh.

"Good news is our evaluation will be done by Deputy Chief Brandt. We have a good rapport. he was once my captain."

"So he's kind of like our grand-captain," Charles said which made James remove herself from Rosa's shoulder and look at him.

"That is amazingly funny," Holt responded which made Charles act bashfully and look away from his captain.

--------------------