Cast and Prologue

James Mason took a deep breath before walking into the London precinct her fellow detectives smiling at her and she returned it, but there was something off about the smile. It didn't reach her eyes like it normally did. Her eyes didn't shine like they normally did.

James partner looked over his computer and stared at her with a frown."Hey, are you ok? You don't seem yourself." Max asked as he watched her sit in front of him. It was like that simple question triggered something in James because not even a second later she broke down and she told everything to Max.

She told him about how her girlfriend and James had a massive fight and how James went out for a walk and stayed at her parent's house for the night. When James woke up the next morning she texted Sam, her girlfriend, that she would be home soon and they could talk things out again but when she got there she found Sam with another woman.

Before James could continue she started to cry again and Max moved to hug her. "Hey it's gonna be ok - well it might not be but you get what I mean." He said cringing a little but that small sentence makes James laugh a little. "Yeah, I get what you mean." She muttered before pulling away.

"What did you do to Sam?" he questions and moved again to sit on the corner of her desk."I kicked her out are flat."James said simply with a shrug."She's moving her stuff out as we speak."James sighed and ran her fingers through her hair but looked up when she heard someone clears their throat.

Max looked up and glared at the person behind James and sat back at his desk.

"Hey, James..." A female voice arose from behind James. Max gave her an encouraging smile and a nod before getting in with his work. James turned around and was met with a regretful looking Sam with a suitcase.

"I just wanted to say goodbye in person and to tell you I-I've taken all my things but I left my Beatles records because I know how much you love them." Same said with a small smile. James looked shocked when she heard that Sam left her the records." oh er thanks k guess." She said before turning back around to face her computer.

Sam sighed before walking off and getting in the lift and leaving.

The day went on as normal until the end of the day when Max and James were finishing up paperwork.

"I'm moving."

Max looked up so fast James was shocked he didn't get whiplash."W-what why?" he asked and moved his monitor so he could see her easier.

"I-I just need a new place of scenery, to be honest, and after this whole thing with Sam, I just need somewhere new."James rattled off quickly.

After a moment of silence, Max nodded."Oh ok well I'll miss having you as my partner."He said with a sad smile. James smiled back at him."I will too."

---------------

James gently knocked on her captain's door with her final report in her hand."Hey, captain, I've finished the case you asked me to do."

Her Captain looked up with a smile and nodded at her."Great. Well have a good night and I'll see you tomorrow." He said and went back to his work. James put the file on his desk before sitting down. her captain looks up at her confused." is there something you want to tell me?" he asked pushing his work aside so he could talk to her properly