• c h . 8 • Returning

• k i y o m i z u - i z u m i •

I put all the dishes on the table. I poured water in every glass. Tsukiyama had a proud smirk on his face.

"KANEKI, HINAMI-CHAN, BANJOU-SAN, ICHIMI, JIRO, AND SANTE COME DOWN!" I shouted.

After a few moments of silence, Kaneki appeared on the stairs. He was followed by Hinami and the others.
--
• k a n e k i - k e n •

"KANEKI, HINAMI-CHAN, BANJOU-SAN, ICHIMI, JIRO, AND SANTE COME DOWN!"

Yeesh, Izumi-chan didn't have to shout.

Suddenly, a delicious smell entered my nose. It smelled more delicious than any human. I went out of the door and went down the stairs, wondering where this smell came from.

Izumi was there with Tsukiyama. How annoying, the Purple Pedo returned. I looked away and payed attention to the table. On the table there were dishes covered and the smell is pouring out. Now I feel really hungry.

"Izumi-chan, what are these...?" I asked, still confused.

"It's a surprise!! Anyway sit here my bae." After she said that, red stuffed her cheeks.

Izumi-chan is acting weird again...

I sat at where she pointed, now the smell was in front of me slowly pulling me in--

"Okay, now that everybody is here...ITADAKIMASU!"

We opened the covers and I was utterly speechless. My jaw almost dropped and my eyes widened.

Izumi-chan cooked...Hamburger Steak?
--
"Hide, where do you want to go?"

"Hrmh--Ah! I know a restaurant!!"
He pulled my hand. "Close your eyes Kaneki!"

"Wait--Uh, ok..."

I shut my eyes and let Hide lead me by the hand. When he stopped, a sweet and familiar aroma greeted me. He pulled me again and let me sit on the chair.

"Kaneki, you can open your eyes now."

The lights played in my eyes for a while and I regained my sight. I sat there, not knowing what to do or say. In front of me was my mother's cooking.
"H-hide...I don't know what to say."

"Hehe, I knew that you loved steaks! Nice suprise eh?"
I just miss her

The burger steaks she cooked, she made. The way she smiled at me everyday.

Why...did she leave me alone?

I feel so lonely...
--

I noticed liquid running down to my cheeks. Wha--am I crying? What am I doing? I'll look weak. I wiped the tears and payed attention to the food.

"Onii-chan, are you ok?" Hinami asked with worry.

"I-I'm fine..."

I took the fork and picked a portion of the stake. I slowly put it inside the mouth and chewed it. This flavor, its too nostalogic.

Unconciously, tears were dripping down my face.
--
• k i y o m i z u - i z u m i •

I chomped the steak. Seriously, it's too good! I saw Kaneki ate silently without knowing that he's crying. I frowned, it hurts to see him like this.

"Hey Kaneki," I said with my mouth full. I noticed this and swallowed the food. "How does it taste?"

He twitched when he heard my voice. He slowly looked at me.