My mum sobbed at the thought of losing me. Nothing calmed her down and eventually she had just exhausted herself. My twin brothers kept on about how they could fight him and Mel and Banner offered me words of support. Nothing changed the facts though. In a matter of hours I'm leaving England forever.

I don't bother trying to sleep. For the last two weeks the moment I have shut my eyes Killian has plagued me. The longer he is around me the worse it gets. I look down at the sleeping figures scattered around the room, none of whom refused to leave, I smile at the sight of my beautiful family and friends trying my best not to cry yet again.

I'm doing this for my pack.

Time to suck it up.

Melinda has a team of people pack my life into boxes and Olivia is probably back in London now doing the same, she had wanted to stay but Mel thought it was for the best.

Apparently it was requested by the almighty Irish Alpha that I wear a dress. It isn't like he could even tell. He is blind for goddess sake. As if he even cares what I look like.

I scrounge through the box of clothes that was bought up for me and pick out my ripped blue jeans and a black top with a scoop neckline as well as some fresh underwear and make up way to the adjoining bathroom. I glance at the nightstand where the alarm clock reads just after two thirty in the morning.

I run the water hot. It causes my skin to blush under the heat but it feels good, therapeutic even. When I finally feel like I'm going to melt I step out of the shower and dress before making my way back into the bedroom. I have never really bothered with makeup and don't do much more to my hair other than draw it up into a ponytail. Mum always used to tell me I took too long to get ready but really it was just a ridiculously long shower and five seconds getting dressed.

My gaze wanders to the bay window, which overlooks the back of the property. The window has a sort of bench seat, which is cushioned. I grab the blanket from the bed carefully dragging it to the window without disturbing anyone asleep on the floor.

I look out at the pack houses, this I where I grew up. I always knew I'd find my fated mate and I knew when that happened there was a chance I'd have to leave but I never in my wildest nightmares thought it would be like this.

The moon goddess and I have had quite a few choice conversations about my match. Okay, well I have ranted, yelled and prayed and she of course has been silent but Killian is definitely not someone I want as my mate. He is terrifying. There are stories about him. He is the best warrior the shamrock pack has ever had but he is brutal. I want a knight. Someone who is strong and brave but beneath it all is caring and kind. Someone to sweep me off my feet but respect my thoughts and opinions. It is clear Killian has no respect for me, if he did he wouldn't be forcing me out of my home, if he did he wouldn't have threatened my family and my pack.

As I gaze out the window something catches my attention. It takes me a while for my eyes to adjust and figure out what I'm looking at but two emerald green orbs are looking right back at me. I gasp as the black wolf to which the orbs belong saunters out of the forest. He holds my gaze just like he holds my thoughts.

Killian, still in wolf form, lowers himself to the ground and rests his head on his paws. His eyes still don't leave mine for a second. Part of me longs to know what he is thinking.

Has he been lusting after me?

Stop it Grace!

I shake my head and break eye contact. My wolf whines but I ignore her. I can't let myself trust him.

Finally exhausted from lack of sleep I manage to doze off only to be woken, what feels like minutes later, by my mum.

"Honey, it is time."

I look around to see the others awake too and I pull myself up with a sigh.

"All your stuff is already on the plane." Melinda tells me and I furrow my brow.

"Plane?"

"Killian's jet is on the runway on the edge of the old storm pack land." She explains.

Of course he has his own plane.

"Are you sure?" Mel studies my expression. "You don't have to do this. I'm ok with a fight." She says and my brothers nod in agreement.

"I know you are and I love you for that, all of you, but I won't let people get hurt for me."

We all walk down together, towards my new life. I'm surprised and humbled to see almost all of the pack has turned out to see me off. Killian and his pack members stand in front of me basically in the same position they did yesterday. Killian, now in his human form is wearing tight dark blue jeans and a black collared shirt, which has the sleeves, rolled up showing off the tattoos on his arms.

I pause on the steps leading me down to Killian. His cloudy eyes aren't moving from my direction. I watch him inhale deeply and I know he is scenting me. I falter suddenly unsure of what I'm getting myself in to when two strong arms surround me.

"You are so brave Gracie." Logan's voice reaches me and I fall into his chest. Killian's low growl is easily heard but I ignore it hugging my eldest brother tightly. "I love you. You need anything you call me."

Logan pulls back with a sad smile on his face. Then without any warning I'm engulfed by my family, Logan's mate Hannah, Melinda and Banner. I giggle as they practically squeeze the life out of me. They are all shifted wolves and a hell of a lot stronger than me.

"Now mate." Killian's voice is unfeeling as he calls to me like I'm his pet. I pull back from my safe place to glare at him even though he can't see me. It is then I notice three black SUVs behind him with tinted windows. His pack members begin to pile into the second two and Killian steps to the first one seamlessly opening the door as though he has perfect sight.

"Pack. Kneel!" Melinda's roar causes every member of my pack to take a knee and there is no stopping my tears. With one last 'I love you' to each of them I step as confidently as possible towards the open door.

Killian outstretches his hand as though to help me up into the vehicle but I ignore him. I know any touch from Killian would send my lust into overdrive so instead I step around him and slide in. Realising what has happened he lets out an annoyed huff before he slides in next to me.

As the door shuts my pack remain on their knees. A sad sigh slips through my lips.

"No need to sound so sad little wolf. I could have taken your family from you so you had no choice but to come with me where as now I have left you with a family to visit."

A gasp escapes me and I move further away from Killian pressing myself against the cool metal of the car door.

"You're a monster." I whisper and he just laughs.

"So I have been told little one."

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

THANKS FOR READING!

Read the rest on Inkitt!