act one, scene seven

❝Sometimes denial feels like a whole in the sky

❝Sometimes denial feels like a whole in the sky...❞

☽ ---------------- 𓆙𓆙𓆙 ---------------- ☾

ON THE NORTHSIDE OF RIVERDALE in a modest two storey home with the front door with peeling paint tensions had been building for weeks, and a war was raging within it's walls while the rest of Riverdale slept peacefully in their homes. At the helm was Beth Cohen, standing in the kitchen with her arms crossed tightly across her chest where dark and narrowed eyes burned into Theo. 

The teenage girl hand her hands on her hips, her lips drawn shut tightly as she stared at her mother. Willful and challenging as she always had been. 

"What happened the other night... Theo come on, I know you're a smart girl." After being at a standstill for nearly ten minutes Beth had no option but to attempt a different approach to the conversation, something more gentle. 

"Oh my God." Theo exclaimed, the new approach being completely lost on her as she threw her hands in the air, "The car broke down, what did you want me to do?"

"Call us!" Beth spoke with exasperation that made Theo roll her eyes. 

"Why, so you could lock me in my room for all eternity?" Theo questioned, eyebrow cocked.

Beth once again crossed her arms over her chest, and she shot her daughter a pointed look as she scolded her, "Cut the attitude young lady. I'm trying to have a conversation with you about your behaviour, the least you could do is show me some respect." 

"Why, because you show respect to anyone else?" Theo inquired, watching as an expression of hurt flickered across her mothers face, followed shortly by confusion. Theo knew the question was coming, and so to save herself from unearthing a whole new argument she asked her mother, "Why don't you just say what really bothers you about that night?"

"Please, by all means enlighten me Theodora." 

"You're pissed that I called Fangs." Theo fired out, raising a brow in an expectant fashion, knowing she was right.

That was confirmed when Beth told her, "I'm angry you were off gallivanting after midnight with Serpents, yes. As any good parent would be."

Theo bit back the urge to remind her mother that both her ex-husband and current wife were permanently inked with a double headed snake, instead she let out a barking laugh, "Gallivanting? God, what is this the 1940's?"

"Watch your tone." Beth warned, and she knew the moment the words had left her mouth that all she had done was pour gasoline on the already blazing fire inside her daughter. 

Theo shifted her weight to one leg, her hip jutting out as she scoffed and stretched her arms out on either side of herself. She vexed, "You know what? This is bullshit. This is all bullshit."